Windshield Replacement Shops in Miami? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can any one recommend a windshield replacement shop in the Miami area. My 96 LX450 needs the front windshield replaced. Any help would be appreciated. Most places I show the factory recommendations to look at it and quickly say no.

Tom

Can’t help with a place in Miami, just use an OEM gasket and make sure whoever does it uses the adhesive as well.

Can’t help with a place in Miami, just use an OEM gasket and make sure whoever does it uses the adhesive as well.
If they follow the FSM, that will work. It's old school, which requires a bit more time and effort. Lots of shops want to present a low-ball price to beat the competition today, not caring how it comes out in the long term.

If they just do it their way, you'll likely be sorry. Maybe even more so in a place like the Miami area, where the effects of a more corrosive than usual environment was tragically driven home recently. Rust can end up hiding behind the gasket, the often incomplete seal that results leads to leaks, and the resistance to the cabin sheet meal twisting is lessened if the FSM method isn't followed.

Mine had been replaced at some point and I had some wind noise in one corner. I ran it through a car wash one day and actually had soap bubbles coming through at the inside seal while driving down the road.

When I had it replaced, there was no sign of adhesive on old gasket and luckily no rust (dry climate Cruiser).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom