Window Inop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Left rear window stopped working...1/2 way down of course.
Power to the switch at rest and second wire in the plug had power when master switch window switch activated but no worky.
Tried to activate switch and tug and wiggle window. Even pounded on door panel.
Still no worky.
Getting dark so I card-boarded it up for the night.
Plan today is to pop off door panel and investigate connections, power etc.
Hope I find sumpin’ simple.
Raising the window without power won’t be fun & rain is coming.
Thoughts...
Thanks mates!

When my wifes jeep had a similar problem I popped the window off the power system. Pushed it all the way up and braced it with a slightly cut down 2x4 while I figured out how to deal with it. Just make sure whatever you use as a brace doesn't cause point pressure on the glass and is secure and can't fall down our pop to one side or the other of the glass.

On both of my 80's I ended up jumping power straight to the motors to get them up, then just left the motors unplugged so I couldn't lower them by accident. Both ended up needing new window runs, so they got disabled in this manner.

Plastic safe contact/electronic cleaner might help but it isn't cheap so keep your receipt if it doesn't work...😉

worked when I re-bench tested so I reinstalled the regulator with a side trip to re-attach it to the glass (urgh!).
Installed but there is too much drag to let it go more than half way down.
Still, better than no window or one taped or propped up.
Onward,
:cool:

I chased a similar problem on my rear passenger window and it ended up the connector below the master switch in the driver door had a couple pins that had gotten pulled out just enough to look OK but were not making contact when pushed together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom