Winch power lead - hook up question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2 vehicles with a class 3 hitch(es) on front and rear .
I ran "battery cable" with connectors from the battery areas to both front and rear. The winch has cable and an SB175 plug at the end, to match the cable.
I want to use my current battery as a power source, and hook up all cables to this battery.

Need advice on what to do further to attach all cables to the power source.

Thanks.

Ok, but which ones? I've looked at those.
I have terminals from the vehicles attached to the battery. Can't add more terminals to the 2 top posts. The cable ends have the eyelets attached. Is there a top post terminal that has an adapter I can add the eyelets too?

There should be a way to make this work, do you have a picture? I dont really understand your situation from this post. You should have a look at dual battery setups, quick disconnects and maybe power splitter bars for your setup if you plan to be winching alot.

Ok, but which ones? I've looked at those.
I have terminals from the vehicles attached to the battery. Can't add more terminals to the 2 top posts. The cable ends have the eyelets attached. Is there a top post terminal that has an adapter I can add the eyelets too?

Finally got around to taking a pic... This pic of the battery and cables attached the correct way. Also in the pic is the positive cable from my winch hook up. It has a round clasp with the nut & bolt. The neg. cable is attached to the frame closer to the rear of the truck. I have 2 more cables ( pos and neg.) in the front winch hook up. The gold piece is a terminal I bought at a custom stereo store a while back. Not sure if it is any use though.

I'm looking for a way to attach the 2 positive cables and 1 negative cable to the battery with of course the vehicle cables attached as well.
Or is there a special fuse block that will take care of this?
Thanks 4 any help.
batt.jpg

Danka! I'l check these out. But I have to cut the end off the cable and add an eyelet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom