Will it Work? FJ62 Frame on a FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning! I have a 1985 FJ60 (May Production) that is in need of a new frame. I'm having a hard time sourcing a rust-free frame that will fit and wondering if a FJ62 frame can be used and what modifications are required in doing so. In doing so, does that change the value of the vehicle or does that not matter as much?

Thanks!

All is the same except for the location of the transmission crossmember changed in April '85 as they removed the spacer from the H42 in the later years. You should be good to go.

I wouldn't worry about the value at this point, but would check your registration rules in your state regarding VIN matching - 60 frames have the VIN stamped on them and some states use the frame VIN as verification versus the body. If you buy a frame with no title, you might have an issue if it's checked thoroughly.

All is the same except for the location of the transmission crossmember changed in April '85 as they removed the spacer from the H42 in the later years. You should be good to go.

I wouldn't worry about the value at this point, but would check your registration rules in your state regarding VIN matching - 60 frames have the VIN stamped on them and some states use the frame VIN as verification versus the body. If you buy a frame with no title, you might have an issue if it's checked thoroughly.Th

Wonderful! I thought I heard/read that the engine mounts where a bit different as well but if just the transmission cross-member, that's awesome! Does that change anything if I decide to upgrade to a H55F in the future?

As for VIN matching, just checked with a shop owner and here in Vermont they only look at the body so should be good to go!

An automatic transmission crossmember is completely different from a manual transmission crossmember in terms of both location and mount bolt pattern.

Contact Torfab for their weld-on crossmember brackets and sourcing a used 85-newer manual transmission crossmember would be the best way to go about that.

Other then that the FJ62 frame will work.

An automatic transmission crossmember is completely different from a manual transmission crossmember in terms of both location and mount bolt pattern.

Contact Torfab for their weld-on crossmember brackets and sourcing a used 85-newer manual transmission crossmember would be the best way to go about that.

Other then that the FJ62 frame will work.
Thanks Matt.

Would love to connect soon regarding sourcing body mounts, etc for this project if you're still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom