will a 35" tire fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
not exactly your normal will it fit tire thread.
I have a JDM VX coming with the factory swing our tire carrier. A video review I saw online said they thought the carrier would take a 33" but didn't elaborate. Anyone with that setup have a 35" spare or do I need to track down an aussie forum? Thanks

this is the vid,

at about 30 seconds

I should mention the only limiting factor I see is the tire hitting the bumper, but it looks like it's out far enough it wouldn't. Maybe some knows.

It's a snug fit, but 35s work just fine on my '95 VX Limited with the OEM carrier - no issues in the past year or so. 315/75 Nittos on SCS 16x8 wheels.

20220716_092413.jpg

I would suggest that, if 35s is going to be the biggest tire size you go with, stick to OEM wheels or at least OEM specs. Makes life much easier, but just my two cents.

It's a snug fit, but 35s work just fine on my '95 VX Limited with the OEM carrier - no issues in the past year or so. 315/75 Nittos on SCS 16x8 wheels.

View attachment 3085995

I would suggest that, if 35s is going to be the biggest tire size you go with, stick to OEM wheels or at least OEM specs. Makes life much easier, but just my two cents.
Most excellent. Thank you! I like the stock wheels so I'm keeping them

View attachment 3085995

Side question are you running stock gears, or an under drive or a regear or anything?

Side question are you running stock gears, or an under drive or a regear or anything?

Not sure what rear axle you'll have, but mine is a K295 - full float, LSD, and 4.11 gears. For my use, the gearing has been good.

At 74mph I'm sitting at about 2350 rpm and returning about 19 mpg, though I do have a three inch exhaust, which may help a bit. Feel free to check out my build thread any time.

Not sure what rear axle you'll have, but mine is a K295 - full float, LSD, and 4.11 gears. For my use, the gearing has been good.

At 74mph I'm sitting at about 2350 rpm and returning about 19 mpg, though I do have a three inch exhaust, which may help a bit. Feel free to check out my build thread any time.
I thought the vx were all 4.11. Won't k ow until it gets here I guess.

I should say I'd like to keep the 16" wheels. Not many 35" options for r16.

I thought the vx were all 4.11. Won't k ow until it gets here I guess.

I should say I'd like to keep the 16" wheels. Not many 35" options for r16.

There are about 30-40 tire options in r16, but more in r17 certainly - to each their own.

Regardless, hope the vehicle arrives safely and enjoy the journey.

Thanks. Hopefully it's not a pile of crap.

I think my tentative plan is to get it reliable and then look at a 2.5" ome or 4" slee lift. Then go to 35s and a 10% underdrive on the t/c. We'll see. Maybe I'll decide to just drive it as is.

I ran a 35 on my 4Runner that had the stock carrier on it same setup as the cruiser, held it just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom