Will 37"s clear 4" lift for DAILY driving?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My usual inane comments, to be universally ignored....

Why the Toyo's? Why not just go with a (readily available) 35" MTR?

I have a Tru-Speed in my 80 and run 35s and stock gearing. It compensates 100% both with regard to gearing and the speedometer.

At least I kept it brief.... :D

TJK

TJK, i have that as well, but it still sucks till you hit second. ;p

-uhuru-

What coils exactly ?

TT

LandCruiserPhil said:
If you are going to wheel 37's you need more than what a Slee 6" offers.
Well I'd say that depends on how much wheel travel you want/need? You can run 37's with very little wheel travel and do great, you still are getting the benefits of a big tire with a large contact spot. Kumar's LX is that way, running "J" springs and 1" spacers upfront, did some trimming, but nothing major, he's not going for major wheel travel but still wants to run 37's, and it seems to work out pretty good...

I agree to flex really nice and have magazine-quality-tweaking shots, you'd need a big lift, but for just wheeling, you could get away with alot less.

Great point Todd...I have heard rave reviews about the quiet ride of the Toyos compared to every other M/T. The wranglers look great but again, I have heard how loud they get. That's why after much research, I've kinda leaned toward the Toyo's. Also, after getting tire manufacturer of the year for 8 years straight, i figure they got it down ;))
airlaird

Personally, I think you will be miserable with 37 inch tires, 4 inches of lift and anything less than 4.88s.
I am baffeled that you would tolerate the lack of accerleration, lack of suspension travel and the rubbing you will likely get because you are concerned about loud tires. It really doesn't add up.

I don't mean to sound argumentative, I just don't want to see you waste your money.

:beer:

Curran said:
I am baffeled that you would tolerate the lack of accerleration, lack of suspension travel and the rubbing you will likely get because you are concerned about loud tires. It really doesn't add up.

I don't mean to sound argumentative, I just don't want to see you waste your money.

:beer:

4x4 RULE #1

IF YOUR TYRES DONT RUB, IT MEANS YOU CAN FIT BIGGER ONES!

:cheers: :beer: :flipoff2:

No 37"s for me

ats4x4dotcom said:
4x4 RULE #1

IF YOUR TYRES DONT RUB, IT MEANS YOU CAN FIT BIGGER ONES!

:cheers: :beer: :flipoff2:

Say again ?? ;)) OK, I will NOT be going to 37"s..ya'll have convinced me. Although I am supercharged and I have 4"56's, Heck I can squeel the tires right now with my 35's ;) I dont think I'll have lack of acceleration issues with 37"s. I don't want to start a bunch of rubbing issues which might lead to fender well damage etc.... Thankyou all for jumping in on this thread. I guess I'll just %^$^ wait till December for my 35" toyos.....
airlaird

I don't see what the problem is? The tire is just one big bump stop any ways. So what if they rub.

-uhuru- said:
Yo Ty,

6'' Slee mediums front & rear

Right on ..

*trying to remember* Have we seen pics of your 80 yet .. sounds sweet.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by -uhuru-
Yo Ty,

6'' Slee mediums front & rear

Right on ..

*trying to remember* Have we seen pics of your 80 yet .. sounds sweet.

TY

No I haven't posted any yet... 'm sort of new to this forum stuff... I don't have a place to host my pics!!!

maybe you can tell me how!?

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom