Wife wants to switch to LX570 - possible sale of 14 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove a 2018 570 last night - wife loved it.

Currently have a white 14 LC with 53k miles. Would this be a fairly easy private sale? Never sold a vehicle privately and the LC is somewhat obscure in the auto world.

Feedback and experiences welcome. Thanks

Relatively easy sale, but might want to see what they'll give in trade if your sales tax credit on the trade-in is significant.

Relatively easy sale, but might want to see what they'll give in trade if your sales tax credit on the trade-in is significant.

+1 if you get a sales tax or ad valorem tax credit it may be worth trading depending on Private vs Trade $$

An AZ LC with 53K should sell easily, many articles on how to protect yourself with private sales or even look into the car sale mags/sites and the 'bay motors thing.

Drove a 2018 570 last night - wife loved it.

Currently have a white 14 LC with 53k miles. Would this be a fairly easy private sale? Never sold a vehicle privately and the LC is somewhat obscure in the auto world.

Feedback and experiences welcome. Thanks

Don't forget that MUD has a classified section. There may be someone looking for just what you have.

VDJ200 | LX570

Most states and dealers let you do what they call in and a out. Private sale where the dealer you are buying the LX would usually transfer the title for a small fee and give you the tax credit.

Among the reasons I bought a 200 were ease of sale and resale. The scarcity in this market helps keep resale value up, especially on LCs, but there's a solid floor on the price of LCs and LXs even with over 100,000 miles.

easy sale

All good input - thanks for chiming in

Go to Carmax first, get an offer from them. Then go to the dealership that has the LX you want and ask them whats their best offer on the car if you buy a new LX from them. Then do the math, see if it makes sense to list it on CL, Autotrader, Car Gurus, etc...for full retail price. Retail value of that car is high 40s, @$49k. If you sell, then go to dealer with cash in hand and negotiate with some leverage to get their price down. You would then have more ability to shop around at the different Lexus dealers.

Never be the first to throw out a number, always let them go first. Then go up/down from there.

Last edited:
I sold my 14 last year when I bought a new 200. It will be an easy sale. Trading it is pretty simple and the sales tax benefit helps. Plus, you don’t have to hassle with third party tire kickers who are trying to line up financing.

When you test drove the LX570 did they give you a trade in value for your 14 LC? Different cities have different sales tax rates. I would figure the sales tax you would save and add that to what you would get in trade in. Throw it up for sale with enough on top of trade in and tax break to make it worth while. If it doesn't sell quickly trade it in.

Yea, been mulling this over and I think we have decided to stick with the LC. The LX is nice, but we decided paid off was nicer than paying-for:hillbilly:

@c4xplsv How much do u want for it? Looking at a 14Lc tomorrow...

Edit , just saw above post, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom