Why a LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As others have mentioned in other threads, you look at this site and you think that you are about to buy/already own some vehicle with crazy repairs - I don't actually think this is the case.

Some of the maintenance items (eg PHH) are suggested by list members at 100K miles (~160,000KM) for example. For me, that represents 8 years of driving. Similarly, nothing wrong with a birfield repack every 5 - 6 years. For some owners (ie the original owners of the trucks), they never had to worry about these repairs/maintenance items.

There is no doubt that the up front ('capital') costs of buying Toyota OEM are expensive - but - IMHO, often well worth the $. For example, the muffler is ungodly expensive, but mine has now lasted 8+ years in the salt and snow of Ontario. I have replaced my muffler on my Jetta 3 times over the same period. Great lifetime value (e.g., the same reason CHP uses BMW Bikes - expensive up front, but great in the long term). The fact that C-Dan is generous enough to offer steep discounts for OEM parts is a complete bonus - often making the difference in $ for parts vs non-OEM marginal at best.

The point that we also need to stress, is consider the maintenance and repair bills of running a Ford, GM, Dodge, etc SUV for the same milage (it gives me a heart burn just thinking about it) or, God help you, a Disco..... You can buy brand new GMs, Discos, etc and have no repair bills (that you have to pay), but you also get to pay the price of a new SUV...

Cheers, Hugh

Welcome Nova, do tell - who's the gal in you avator pic?

Looks like it was a good party.

I've spent a lot of money on vehicles, Porsches 911's, 928's, Acura NSX, Lexus all models, Mercedes SL's, etc. etc. I've owned my LC longer than any of the above vehicles. Something about it, good looking and built like a brick s*** house. Plus I love the quality and durablity. JMHO

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=9682;start=msg85170#msg85170 date=1073355026]
Never buy a vehicle in the first year of production. 93s are out because, all evidence to the contrary, they are poorly thought out prototypes of the real thing. :D
[/quote]

:flipoff2:

except for the 16mm core plug :rolleyes:

Chicks Dig it...its the shaggin wagon........

So Nova- Come on

What's the skinny on the half-baked chick with the dangling flap-jacks? You repack her Birf's?

If it's not good, make it up for us married guys trying to live vicariously through others.

Rookie2

Its the one and only Jessica Simpson. If she was with me, i wouldn't be on this site as much :p

Roger that. Oh well, back to birfs, CIL's and what new tires to buy.

Later
R2

[quote author=NovaFZJ80 link=board=2;threadid=9682;start=msg86437#msg86437 date=1073523616]
Its the one and only Jessica Simpson. If she was with me, i wouldn't be on this site as much :p
[/quote]

She isn't very clear. Maybe you should resize and the re-link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom