Who is the local AHC guru? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Brought the LX (2016) in for service yesterday. Truck leans to the drivers side when left to sit for a few hours. They called me 2 hours later and said it was fixed. I convinced them to keep it over night. When i get there today I look under the truck at the front driverside height sensor and I see the tech has adjusted the sensor from the end it was originally at from the factory all the way to the far opposite end of adjustment. Wtf... If the truck is level going down the road and only leans after sitting, I feel like this sensor adjustment was not the problem. Any thoughts???

We need PADDO from the 100 forum to get a 200. :)

Though I expect the core mechanics are the same.

Getting the truck level to spec is actually the first step, but that adjustment seems extreme.

It would seem to me that one of the internal valves of the AHC system is leaking. Such that hydraulic pressure on the side that is sagging is not holding. Funny thing is that I recall the shocks to be crossed linked, though I guess it could still cause a tile to one side.

It's probably really subtle, but do you hear/feel the system re-level often when driving? If it's losing pressure at rest, it's likely also losing pressure in use. Though the leak could probably be so slow that it would be really hard to know.

This really is up to the professionals to debug, but this diagram may help? It's likely in one of the height control valves, accumulators, or damping force controllers, but that's not saying much because it's practically all the active pieces of the system.

I would engage the service adviser firmly on this, that it's certainly a real issue. Also perhaps Lexus cooperate. Drop hints that you're aware of the Lemon Law and keep good records.

AHC Diagram.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom