Who else has removed their running boards? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greg B said:
Tad,
I wanted to say something when you posted the pics of your new Swampers, but I didn't. Swampers and running boards just don't go together. Post up a pic of those Swampers without the running boards. I bet your rig looks Bad Ass now!

I took my running boards off almost immediately after I purchased my Cruiser. I know they're very functional, i just hate how they look. I'm going to get some Slee sliders when I buy my lift and tires. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks.

You definitely have to post Tellico pics when you get back. Good luck and have fun!

I'll be mounting swampers tonight or tomorrow morning and share some pics from Tellico for sure. I'll be staying on the easy stuff though. I really want sliders before I test my mettle too much.

tabraha said:
I'll be mounting swampers tonight or tomorrow morning and share some pics from Tellico for sure. I'll be staying on the easy stuff though. I really want sliders before I test my mettle too much.

I hear ya on the sliders, I would hate to hear the crunch of the rockers caving in. :crybaby: Good luck and have fun.

I just removed mine tonight and am VERY happy.

I decided to pick up the factory flaps...and love how it looks.

However, I was wondering if any of you have run into the "damper problem" that I have...

On the passenger side of the truck you can see some sort of damper that hangs below the frame rail...maybe this is a '01 and up thing...I don't have a problem removing it but wanted to hear what others have done.

Thanks,

xumFJ40:

I bet your talking about what I lovingly refer to as the "boat cleat" :D
I haven't removed it yet either b/c I really didn't know of the effects or purpose of it besides being able to tie the vehicle up to a dock if need be. Somebody give us the info on this thing!!!

its on my 2000 as well, its some kinda trany vibration damper.......or that what I recall it being.

xumFJ40 said:

However, I was wondering if any of you have run into the "damper problem" that I have...

On the passenger side of the truck you can see some sort of damper that hangs below the frame rail...maybe this is a '01 and up thing...I don't have a problem removing it but wanted to hear what others have done.

Thanks,

xumFJ40 said:

Thanks,

Yeah, its some kind of vibration dampener. I removed it when I removed my running boards (Feb. I think?) I haven't been able to tell a difference at all. I now use it to hold down my sprinkler when I water my lawn. :cool:

EDIT: On other thing, I put the bolts back in after I removed it so the holes wouldn't get filled with mud, etc. That way if you ever have to put it back on, its easy and you didn't lose the bolts. :rolleyes:

tabraha said:
Thanks dnp, I looked for that thread and didn't see it so I just figured I made it up! Those flaps look good on the LX. How much $$$ were they?

TAD

Tad,

Since the rear lower edge of the LX's front fender is "not finished," as is the LC's, I ordered everything to replace what wasn't already there. IIRC, the 2 flaps, all bracketry and hardware (delivered) was +/- $100 from Lexus. I tried CDan first, but he can't get Lexus parts. Since my local Lexus parts counterman is an arrogant jerk, so I ordered mine from Price-LeBlanc in Baton Rouge.

Hope this helps

dnp

FWIW, I bought the mudflaps for my Lexus from C-Dan.

I passed on them as a POE option. That along with the receiver hitch and rear wing thing.

But, then I had to put tube steps on so my wife could get in.

Still trying to convince her to let me take them off and put on the TJM side bars.

New to the board and posting for the 1st time !

I have a 99 LC and have just removed the running bds, got tired of straigtening them out after every off road trip :)
Also just put a medium OME lift kit over the weekend.

Would like to know where I can purchase front mud flaps other than the dealer?

Thanks.

flaps are a dealer only item AFAIK. What no love for the dealer? if so try Cdan.

Samurai said:
New to the board and posting for the 1st time !

I have a 99 LC and have just removed the running bds, got tired of straigtening them out after every off road trip :)
Also just put a medium OME lift kit over the weekend.

Would like to know where I can purchase front mud flaps other than the dealer?

Thanks.

SWEET, I got a pair of Slee's new sliders coming :)

I am a newbie and can't find the link to contact CDan, Can somebody help post a link.

Thanks

Thanks hoser!

Got hold of him on the phone and he was very helpful.
Mudflaps are on the way!

Thanks all for your help

This Friday I am off to Cortez and Moab for some adventures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom