Which Tire is Best Kumho or Yokohama? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went with the Terra Grappler A/T's, 315's though. For the same reason, PRICE. I hope you like them more than I do, I hate mine and they look like big balloons. I think they are suited for a larger size rim. Discount IS hard to beat and they are going to make it tough to sell mine used. :crybaby:

I'll get back to you guys. BTW--Costco in Mannasas would not even talk to me about any other size tire other than stock. I even threw the..."well what if I wanted to buy tires for a 2006 H3 Hummer 285 75 16(stock)" and the guy said I would have to prove I owned one. Even if I just wanted to roll my cart up and buy them outright without having them mount them. They turned me off BIG TIME. They will never get my tire business again.

Maybe they were burned really bad with a law suit or the policy varies from store to store but I was not happy with that treatment.

Mike S.--I can imagine you feel like your 315's look like balloons on a 16" rim..I think they do overwhelm the stock rim just a bit. It's more of a rubber to wheel proportion issue and esthetics vs functionality I believe.

Dave

Yes Costco will give you free mounting and balancing as long as you are running the same tires.....I will be purchasing a set from them by mid summer when the funds are available

It just means mount and balance is included in the cost of the tires rather than as a separate line item, not "free".

If you don't believe that, try to find a set of tires mounted and balanced from your local Discount Tire that are as cheap as Discount Tire Online. The reason the online price is less is because Discount doesn't have any labor cost (mount and balance) in the online price.

I walked by a CC todat and there was a sign out sayin gif they did not mount tires it was $10 less per tire.

Getting back to you guys (also posted another one under highway road noise).

Returning the Nitto Terra Grapplers--too loud above 60mph and that is what I mostly do is drive on the highway. Damn shame as I love the way they look on my rig.

Went for the Yokohama HT-S tires for the same price $500 shipped(same as terra grapplers plus a $40 rebate to offset the return shipping price). I can get them swapped for $25 and hope that cures the problem. This is mainly a road truck(unfortunately) now and have some long road trips to do with a new baby on the way so need the smooth quiet ride.

Let you know how they turn out.

Dave

Babies love the soft hum of MT's :D

I can remember how completely enraged my kids would become after hitting smooth pavement after a day of wheeling when they were babies. They'd sleep right through the crazy stuff and then wake up and scream once we hit pavement.

Sounds like you really needed Swampers :grinpimp:

try Tire Rack and the local mom and pop tire store

When researching tires, take a look at TireRack.com. The guys at Tire Rack are a great sourse of info for the consumer. I tune tires for a living and these guys are pretty much right on when it comes to their evaluations. One really nice thing about them is that you get the real tire you ordered. Some discount tires stores work like discount appliance stores. They have models that look very much like the model you want but there is a small difference in model number or name. There can sometimes be a very large difference in tire performance between the discount store model and the name brand model. Many small tire stores purchase their tires from Tire Rack. You may want to check with your local mom and pop tire store to see if they can give you a good deal. They pay 25-40% less than the retail price that Tire Rack states on their website plus you are getting the real deal when you order a tire through them.

I'm not trying to keep anyone from purchasing from their favorite supplier, just trying to give you a little more info when it comes time to purchasing tires.

Nice point on Baby HUM....

Thanks for the info on TireRack and Mom and Pop's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom