Which LIFT!?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Radd Cruisers said:
Never used Alcans, but read nothing but good things about them.

Surprised more do not go that route.

Did you say SHE???

Its kinda like reading Alex BJ70, you for sure think guy...... but oh no its a gal with way more insight than most guys.

Cheers
yep...i'm a she. i would've loved to have gone ome, but i just can't afford that kinda money...my alcans were $800...that's a lot for me, too, but they are good springs.

I'm also a 17 year old with a growing amount of insight into the world of the LC, but nowhere near the level that these guys, and girls of course, have achieved. Their level of help is unfathomable, and certaintly a money saver for us school-bound 17 plus year olds. A truly heartfelt welcome to you too. :cool:

As for the suspension lift, I was waging an intense battle with myself. In the world of my LC, I do everything right, and hopefully only once. I researched this forum and compared numbers ($$) for kits that people have bought, and decided that even though OME costs more, it is the way to go. I then saw the cost and told myself "Mabye for Christmas Johnny, maybe...." Just a week ago, I came across a thread that suggested buying the springs seperately from the rest of the items, possibly skimping on those such as shackles and shocks, while keeping the heart of the suspension, the springs, at the top possible level. What my shallow wallet will be doing is purchasign the OME Heavy duty springs from probably Liquid Offroad, if he ever returns my email, with some thick shackles to compliment them. Think about that before buying a cheap kit.

"Do it once and do it right."

:beer:

I had a chat with rob from liquid on friday and he is having some computer problems. You migh try giving him a call, for now and skipping the email. I orderd a bds lift for my 60 from him I will report later once I have used the lift for awhile. He seems to be a pretty good guy to deal with though....

Jim

i'm 18 and i have the BDS lift. I love it. I get great articulation and it rides a thousand times beter than it did with the stock springs. My 2.5 inch lift with tires and new shackles was a a 6.5 inch lift in all.

That's just something to think about.

Brian

Just for note, the original OME springs are NO LONGER available in the US. (Unless someone has an old set in stock). However, the new Dakars are MUCH cheaper (cheaper than Alcans ;)). Just a thought...
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/suspension.html

:D

Hfs

I have the HFS set up with the 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 shackles and love it. I fit 34's with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom