Which CDL switch do I need? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched, as well as watching a few YouTube videos, and I'm still a bit confused. Vehicle in question is a USA Spec 1995 FZJ80. I'm looking to add the CDL switch. Watching YouTube videos of 95-97 vehicles, they are putting a rectangular button to the right of the hazard switch. In my 80 there are power antenna buttons there. I then started looking at the buttons available for the 91-94 models, and they appear to fit into the spot to the left which is more square(ish).

Here is a photo of my dashboard, can anyone shine some light on this? It looks to me like I need the older square style switch.

dddd.jpg

This is the "official" looking switch if you don't want to use just a regular hazard switch (less money): Slee - Electrical Switches

I have mine on the blank spot to the left of the normal hazard switch.

The pre 95 models have a curved switch that won't fit in yours.

Don't buy the rav4 switch ether. It's a momentary switch and doesn't work on the 80s.

There's a white plug wraped in the loom behind those switches that has a jumper plug in it. Remove jumper. Match it up to the hazzard switch, and cut the bit of plastic that keeps them from plugging into eachother.

Don't buy the rav4 switch ether. It's a momentary switch and doesn't work on the 80s.

There's a white plug wraped in the loom behind those switches that has a jumper plug in it. Remove jumper. Match it up to the hazzard switch, and cut the bit of plastic that keeps them from plugging into eachother.

Thanks!

4runner hazard switch works too. I believe 3rd gen. I grabbed one from a yard and believe it was a '95

Last edited:
Keep in mind, the sexy part of this mod, is that the harness behind the dash, was installed, but not used.

Not that it is impossible to add extensions to the wires, but without doing so, there are limits as to how far it will reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom