1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Castor Correction

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by phishtaco, Mar 6, 2007.

1. phishtaco

phishtaco Cincinnati

I'm installing OME heavies(850s) up front with medium in the back. I have no extra weight as of yet. Should I buy Slee 3* bushings or the std. OME bushing. Does anyone have any real world experience with this setup? Thanks

2. beno

beno Gihee Arakawa Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Marty--

The regular OME bushings should take care of caster issues for the heavy-medium set-up.

That said, with the truck unladen, it might be higher than the degree correction that the OME bushings provide for....then you might be in the Slee correction bushings territory.

Best thing is to install the lift and then get a caster measurement from a shop and then go from there.....

Hope that helps amigo....

-o-

3. phishtaco

phishtaco Cincinnati

thanks onur....tires should be here tom, good bye mall tires

4. casey

casey -=-=-=-=- SILVER Star

this may have already been covered but I'm going to try to sneak my setup in as well to get some opinions... I have J's in front and med. in the rear. Are the slee caster plates going to be too much correction? I only have an empty ARB up front and MT sliders right now but I plan on getting a winch and adding a rear bumper in the future. At that point I'm assuming I'll want spacers to maintain the same height.

5. fzj80kidpen

fzj80kidpen