Where to find color code 1971 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys—I’m sure this has been discussed before, but search can’t find what I’m looking for—can I find a color code stamp somewhere on a 1971 FJ40? I found the VIN badge in the driver’s door well and the model badge in the engine bay, but neither seems to have any code except engine info. I believe the truck has been repainted, but looks like it was in the original color (looking at the inside glove box, engine bay)….it really looks like Spring Green to me, but charts don’t include that color for ‘71 (it’s a January manufacture date). Does anyone know if Spring Green also occurred on this model year, or if it’s a different but very similar green? Thanks—guess I’m just curious what the actual color is.

AFFC1EDC-A972-4030-ABAA-5DE8B72F5383.jpeg

As far as I’ve found, spring green was available until mid-year 1971, though a lot of charts don’t show that. Mine is a 2/71 and is spring green.
TCP Global’s autocolorlibrary.com has a lot of charts, you just have to look through them all. It could be in a 1970 color chart as well. Classic Library - https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/classic-library

As far as I’ve found, spring green was available until mid-year 1971, though a lot of charts don’t show that. Mine is a 2/71 and is spring green.
TCP Global’s autocolorlibrary.com has a lot of charts, you just have to look through them all. It could be in a 1970 color chart as well. Classic Library - https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/classic-library
Oh hey! You turned me on to the idea that the truck may be fashion green rather than spring green….and honestly I still can’t tell! Both are cool colors….I guess if I list the vehicle, I want the color to be accurate because it does really matter to some folks. Cool that you have a ‘71 Spring Green—you obviously have great taste in Cruisers 😛Thanks for the info! 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom