where do you keep your hi-lift jack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For homemade mounts, spring bushings from my FJ60 cut to the appropriate size make great mounts to go around the bolts and support the jack both on top and bottom. No more rattle. They fit nicely inside the "I" portion of the bar. I had a mount inside my M416 using these.

Also, I use to run my jack on a universal mount made by Yakima. It was made for skis and 2x4's. It was just a U-shaped braket that attached to the snap-arounds, about 4-5" high, and the hi-lift fit inside it nicely. Just replaced bolts with longer ones and used thumbscrews.

Here is my airbag jack. It weighs less than 12lbs and everything (bag, pipe, patch kit, gloves) fits in a included duffle bag. This one is a 8 ton (8000 kg) unit. Sorry for the bad picture. I'll try to get another picture in the daylight if there is any interest.
Jackmate.jpg

how much and where did you buy it?

Bought it from the manufacturer in Asia. I believe they are an OEM manufacturer for other brands. I paid something like $150 for it years ago. I'm not sure what it cost now but can put together a group buy if enough people are interested.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom