where do you keep your hi-lift jack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt403

SILVER Star
Threads
pics would be great if you have a special set up

I haven't found a place on my truck that I like, so it stays at home and if I take it with me, it stays in the cargo area.

Kalawang

On the Slee rear bumper in the hi lift holder.
Cheers,
Sean

I mounted mine horizontally on my cargo barrier using the 2 stock hi-lift clamps/holders that they sell to mount in pickup beds etc. It is about level with the top of the rear seats so stays out of the way of cargo. This is only an option if you have a cargo barrier!

On the Slee carrier, behind the 35" spare, next to the bottle opener, which is right beside the shovel mounted on broom clips. :grinpimp: :cheers:

On top of the Thule bars, next to the Cargo carrier. Only used when going on out of town wheelin' trips so the exposure to the elements is very short.

My Hi-Lift is chained across the front bumper of my CJ5. Figured I didn't need it with the Cruiser.

I keep mine in the sway arm of my Slee bumper
Bumper.jpg

This is called the "broke college student mount"
passed 2 bolts through the stock rack w/ washers on both ends from the bottom w/ the thread sticking up. threw the Hi lift on and used a hand friedly twist bolt to hold it in place. Run it on the freeway, few hard brakes, and of course on the trail. Just make sure the skinny side of the lift is facing the body of the car and there isn't bounce in the middle space between the mounts.

When it's on my rig, I keep mine on my Slee rear bumper/tire carrier.

I've seen some mounted on top of the ARB bumper.
If you take your hi-lift apart, a 60" bar will fit across the 2nd row floor -- you can stow the other components in the cargo area.

Search through the archives for other threads on hi-lift mount locations.

In the garage where they belong. Besides, everyone else loves to carry one ;)

There was a thread a few weeks ago about this. It has a pic of my cheapo mount for the ARB.

When its in the truck, I strap it to the floor in the cargo area. I don't like to keep it outside where it gets covered in sand and mud and then when I need it, it is to corroded and clogged up to use.

I don't have a hi-lift. I use as airbag jack. Much safer than a hi-lift and no need to put 2X8's on the bottom of the jack in the mud :)

97 FZJ80 said:
I don't have a hi-lift. I use as airbag jack. Much safer than a hi-lift and no need to put 2X8's on the bottom of the jack in the mud :)

Airbag jack? Sorry, guess I don't know jack s***...

Bend over and I'll show ya :flipoff2: I keep one on the front bumper of my 40..none on my 80

We ahve Husky floor liners front to back as I do with all vehicles I own...

Hi-Lift - in vinyl sleeve - is bungee corded to cargo points in very rear of truck. I have adaptor for front ARB bar on board. TG I've never had to use it.

I also carry full tire plug repair kit and DC compressor in all vehicles. A real tire plug kit with reamer, side cutters, glue and lot's of fresh plugs. I've plugged sidewall punctures that lasted for weeks......

MoJ said:
Airbag jack? Sorry, guess I don't know jack s***...

Yea yea, (proudly) "I know jack s***, I know jack s***!" :D

Ohh, to answer the question, I use the two roof rack brackets Slee sells and mount the hi-lift to the factory roof rails!!! It is really remarkably easy to get the thing to sit snugly on the roof even on long stretches of washboard roads and yet it is also easy to get the thing off of the roof for when it is required. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom