Wheelskins Color Match (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I swear there is a thread out there listing the wheelskin color matches for the different 80 series interiors. Can anyone help by linking to the thread or by sharing their own personal experiences?

I have a 96 LX450 with the oak interior. Thanks. Eric

I never found the thread, so I ordered three color samples from Wheelskins. The three colors from light to dark are sand, oak, and brown. The pictures are taken in a LX450 with the oak interior.
1005091735a.jpg
1005091735b.jpg
1005091733a.jpg

May search or PM AATLAS1X, he is the guy to goto for this thing. :)

I personally would go with a darker tone.

Thanks for the pics. I have wondered how well the colors match.

my friend has the oak colored wheelskins and it's a near perfect match for the steering wheel.
thanks for posting up the various colors

I need to do something about the wheel in my t100 and 80 series so got some of the samples. Here are a few more comparison pics of all the closest samples side by side. I also ordered a tan sample but the color is so far off i didnt include it in the photos.

I would go with the brown. The other colors come nowhere near what the predominant dash colors are and I think that would be a distraction.

definitely.

Where did you get that hat? I like it!

I have been looking at wheel skins recently too! Are going to sew it on yourself? Or have a shop do it?

My vote is Brown

depending on the cost it might be worth getting the whole thing redone - craft custom is about 250 with a fairly quick turnaround and also the ability to do other custom stuff.....

they're in Dallas - they did a great job for several mud folks recently. as that's my POC with the truck I saw it as a good investment.... and added extra diameter and wood to the setup

E

I used a leather wrap that I purchased on Amazon for less than $25.00. It worked perfectly! I took the old leather off and glued the foam back to the steel frame using 3m weather strip adhesive. I found a plastic paint that I painted the forks because the wrap dosn't cover the whole steering wheel (see picture below).

As to your original question, I would go with the darker color. I went with tan and it looks awesome, but it gets dirty very quickly.

Here is the Amazon link: (no picture)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DS6L7ZU/?tag=ihco-20

Here is a picture of the box:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SPR2/580700T/N0137.oap?pt=N0137&ppt=C0200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom