Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the input folks. I ended up ordering some 16X8s with 3.5" backspace from MRW. Ordered on a Wednesday morning and they were ready for pickup Thursday afternoon. I'll get them back from the tire shop next week and will post a pic.

I just purchased some Pro Comp 7069 aluminum wheels for my '73 FJ40...
... The factory lug fits I'm currently shopping for 12x1.5 bulge open lugs with 19mm hex to complete my setup. It would be easier if I didn't want black lugs. :) I almost forgot, longer lugs are strongly suggested as the factory lugs won't even reach the end of the factory lug, at least with my conversion.

I have the same rims on my troopy and am using Gorilla spline lugs, they solving both those issue :clap:

Well I decided that the flat black was just too much black so I gave them a coat of paint. I used Rustoleum Gray Hammered. This should lighten up the look some without resorting back to white wagon wheels. :)
IMG_20130714_134611.jpg

I agree with you, my taste prefers some offsetting color vs flat black wheels. show a picture of them mounted up!

Sorry for the delay but I finally finished the rear end rebuild and able to take a picture with the wheels mounted. The modified longer wheel studs worked out perfect too.
Grey Wheels Mounted.jpg
Modified Longer Studs.jpg

You levitating 40 looks much gooder! :hillbilly:

Sock steelies won't work with the Wilwood brakes, is that the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom