Wheeling....Sunday May 1st, 10am Duncan BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
I know most of you are not into it...but thought I'd try anyhow.

I'm thinking of getting out this Sunday or taking a weekday off the next couple weeks to have some fun in the outdoors. Won't be stock friendly; at least 33" tires and lift required. Location is flexible; but will default to Cowichan lake area trails as access is so easy, trails fun, and nice scenery.

IMG_20201212_110654888_HDR.jpg

This is a possibility for me.

This is a possibility for me.

Cool, let me know what days are good. This Sunday I'm free all day. I can do this Saturday also, but can't leave Victoria 'till 10am due to kid stuff. I can also take a day off work pretty easily, so weekdays are fine too. Weekends after this one are chock-a-block full for the next month or more tho...

I can pickup those seats and bring them too if you don't have 'em yet.

Broken, both of them! Damn it!!

You're welcome to ride along if you want to escape the worries of life for a few hours....

Looks like sunday is better weather. Yes I do want those seats.

I can't seem to private message you??

@audaciousduo This might be in your back-yard; you still interested?
I'm possibly in. I'm running open diffs with no lockers though. 33"s with a SOA on the 42. If I can get through where your going with that set up I may be in.

I can't seem to private message you??

I'll shoot you a PM with my cell. (you can PM thereafter or text directly; whatever).

I'm possibly in. I'm running open diffs with no lockers though. 33"s with a SOA on the 42. If I can get through where your going with that set up I may be in.

I think that would be fine for the type of stuff we'll encounter. Just not stock friendly is the main thing. You have my cell # still?

OK, plan is to meet 10AM in Duncan. I'm going to suggest we meet at the Tim Hortons at 2927 Drinkwater Rd. Not because I like it, but more it's easy to find and close to the highway to Cowichan, haha.

@cruisedeisel @cruiserpilot @audaciousduo

Copy, 10am TH at Drinkwater. I'll be there.

If you guys have those little handheld FRS radios, please bring one along. I have on extra. Easy way to chat.

I did! they grew legs.

OK, plan is to meet 10AM in Duncan. I'm going to suggest we meet at the Tim Hortons at 2927 Drinkwater Rd. Not because I like it, but more it's easy to find and close to the highway to Cowichan, haha.

@cruisedeisel @cruiserpilot @audaciousduo
We passed through Lake Cowichan before 9. Trip went well. Bamfield store is open post-COVID now.
There is fuel there but didn’t check it, just saw it was open. Came home straight through Pt Alberni to compare
times and routes. Back to Ladysmith. Unbelievable, but 39 litres of diesel for the whole round robin trip.
Didn‘t baby it. But roads are okay. Left Jeremy in Bamfield - Happy trails! That truck of his, pretty
darned cool.

AC5E77C9-3745-4647-A932-44AA7510C391.jpeg

DAC1BC35-25F4-4F33-B7B1-E8983B3C8797.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad you guys had a good trip @cruiserpilot !

@audaciousduo @cruisedeisel and I had a lot of fun too. I did not really take many pictures given how many trails we did. But here are a few I did take.

Meeting in the morning:
IMG_20220501_100109430_HDR.jpg

Stop for lunch:
IMG_20220501_123628936_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220501_124256208.jpg

Some gnarly sections:
IMG_20220501_134627036_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220501_135905383.jpg

Video of the easy part of one section:

And little detour up to the Rhodonite deposit at the end of the run:

IMG_20220501_152307057_HDR.jpg

Last edited: