'Wheelin a stocker....uwharrie pics and some reinforcing questions(bent some stuff) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

100_6412.jpg

100_6413.jpg

100_6421.jpg

You wheeled that thing hard for a while before you finally banged it up a little.

And I'd like to add a comment/concern. For the sake of the cruiser man... FINISH THAT PICKUP :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

that looks deadly , but I just cant go bush like that without a bullbar. A/C survive?

Thanks for the pics Chris!

I may lift it eventually, but it's not really very high on the list of mods. Next on my list is armor. If I had sliders, a front bumper, and a beefy t-case skid, I would have gotten a lot farther and tried a lot harder lines. Hmmm, maybe I don't need armor :grinpimp:

e9999, the tires have done amazingly well for me. I drive like an a$$hole and with 25k miles on them they still have at least 50% tread left. That's saying something, 'cause I used to wear out MTRs on a 4k# vehicle in about 15-20k miles, and they were DEAD. They've also proved themselves to be a VERY durable tire. No problems as of yet, knock on wood, and I've wheeled the piss out of them in the rocks. I really wish they were offered in a 315/75 size so I can run them if I ever do lift it.

topend, yeah, the ac survived. No real close calls to speak of even. I have my club members to thank for that for doing an awesome job of spotting. Without them I'm sure I would have gotten a good bit more damage.

Guys, if you can drive you shouldn't have any problems surviving URE without damage, and it looks like Ary proved that. It's not taht bad at all. There are spots where you can play, and play hard if you want. My limiting factor out there is lockers. :(

Ary, if you go back soon, let me know. This weekend is the last race weekend, so i'll be free after that.

concretejungle said:
Guys, if you can drive you shouldn't have any problems surviving URE without damage, and it looks like Ary proved that. It's not taht bad at all. There are spots where you can play, and play hard if you want. My limiting factor out there is lockers. :(

Ary, if you go back soon, let me know. This weekend is the last race weekend, so i'll be free after that.

Agreed. I wheeled a stocker Cherokee there for 2 seasons(probably about 5-6 trips and never suffered ANY damage). I ran all the "most difficult" trails they had. The trails have gotten a little bit harder since they didn't groom them last winter, but they're not that much worse. Anyway, if you have a chance to wheel Uwharrie, take it. You'll have fun. The only thing I ran into that one might have trouble with was that ledge on Daniel. Without lockers and a bit of rockstacking, you'd need a strap(had to strap another guy in our group). Other than that URE can be pretty tame or pretty wild depending on the lines you choose.

Alex, will definately hit you up if we go down again, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon. My weekends are pretty much booked through the end of January.

Ary

Arya Ebrahimi said:
HAHA, yeah, I took it up Daniel. Took a little bit of strategic rockstacking on the ledge, but all in all it wasn't that bad. Lockers are magic! :D

I lost a mudflap on Kodak and bent a lower control arm, but that was it.
Ary

easiest protection for lower rear links. Weld some 1/4 inch angle to them and viola, skids.

You can also take some 3" strap and weld it to the frame, bend it over the mount bottom, and you have a ramp for the mount.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
I lost a mudflap on Kodak

Hahaha, that's funny, i don't know how i missed reading that. That's the same place i lost a mud flap. Took most of the flare with it. :)

STOCK ROCKS! :D

Very nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom