Wheel options/adapters question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, fellow “h8ers”...
I have a newb question, and yes I’ve done my due diligence and spent quite some time searching and reading full threads but I’m just not getting he answers I’m looking for so I’m going to just ask.
Just to be clear- I’ve been on several forums for over 15yrs for various vehicles/platforms as well as been a moderator on another, so I’m aware of the search function and don’t feel like being patronized for asking a question.
I'm being respectful in my asking for help and opinions so please be respectful with your posts.

Now that THAT’S out of the way....lol....on these 100 series, with the 5x150 hub centric lug pattern and “most” people running spacers—
Why not run a wheel ADAPTER and have far more options as far as wheels go w/o breaking the bank?

We’ve all seen every kind of tundra wheel swapped into these, as well as every wheel method offers but I can’t help but think spending $300 on adapters and running all sorts of other options for other males/models.

Is it the backspacing and offset that’s the issue?
I know there are companies out there that make them as I’ve scanned their websites and found decent pricing.

There HAS to be people out there who have done this here... if not then I guess I volunteer to be the guinea pig and splurge on a set then spend a day at (insert wheel/tire store here) until they hate me or I find something I don’t hate.
Thanks in advance everyone. Glad to finally post and not be a creepy lurker. 🤙

Technically, most everyone here that says they have spacers are in fact running wheel adapters. They just happen to be adapters with the OEM lug pattern instead of changing to a 6-lug pattern. Few people on here are running a true spacer, primarily because of the relatively short lugs that a nut would have few threads to bite on with a spacer.

With that said, to answer your question, to my knowledge there isn’t a 5-lug to 6-lug conversion adapter that will fit the 100 series front hub setup: The front hub flange with nuts is not easy to accommodate.

Just to be clear- I’ve been on several forums for over 15yrs for various vehicles/platforms as well as been a moderator on another, so I’m aware of the search function and don’t feel like being patronized for asking a question.
I'm being respectful in my asking for help and opinions so please be respectful with your posts.
Also, this ain’t Facebook. We have class and order ‘round these parts. A benefit is an awesome search function, too: Wheel adaptors to make 5 lugs for 6lugs

Thanks Junk.
I was thinking a 5 lug to 5 lug adapter, possibly a Jeep or Dodge lug pattern. Suppose I should have made that more apparent in my first post...though being long winded some things seem to be over looked.
Nature of the beast.

That type of 5-to-6 adapter is going to be 2-piece and probably 50mm in total depth. You take a zero offset wheel (most common in that Tundra bolt pattern), add 50mm to make it an effective -50mm offset... so you've gone from +60mm (stock spec) to -50mm or roughly 4.5" inches. That is like running a 4.5" wheel adapter. If you found a really positive offset wheel, like +70mm, you might have something workable.

That type of 5-to-6 adapter is going to be 2-piece and probably 50mm in total depth. You take a zero offset wheel (most common in that Tundra bolt pattern), add 50mm to make it an effective -50mm offset... so you've gone from +60mm (stock spec) to -50mm or roughly 4.5" inches. That is like running a 4.5" wheel adapter. If you found a really positive offset wheel, like +70mm, you might have something workable.

Awesome knowledge, thank you. Any new information is good information! I appreciate it!! Something to investigate 🤔

Thought I’d give an update to this for future searches.

I spoke with the guys at (PM for name) who told me it’s %100 doable, as long as the Jeep wheel hubs bore is 110 or bigger.
I believe jeeps are 106 if I did my research properly, so some Jeep wheels *MAY* fit, since jeeps are lug centric instead of hubcentric like our 100s are.
they won’t be relying on the hub to seat properly. The lugs do it. So there’s hope!!
They can even machine the front spacers to work with our front bolts around the hub.

Downside is, if they don’t make Jeep wheels with a larger bore we are SOL.. the wheels would need the hub bore machined out to work on a 100. At which point, it’s not cost effective.

I think I may buy a set to find out, and if it works out then they said they would be willing to do a group buy on them which is awesome. Their response was:
“As far as a group buy. We have done those before and if people get 10+ people to order we do 20% off. 5 to 9 we do 15% and under 5 is retail.”

In the exchange above, hoser mentions offset needs for the Jeep wheels and they seem to have far more tolerance for offset which gives them more variety. This definitely seems plausible.

🚫Jeep wheels on a Cruiser🚫

41E2FE74-3967-4A12-B2BD-79BF57EB6F93.jpeg

Jeeps have far more options for aftermarket wheels.
so technically they won’t be actual Jeep wheels.. 😉😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom