What's it worth? '83 Pickup 2wd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings everyone. I have a question about resell value on an older Toyota pickup.
An older gentleman, down the road from me, has an 83 Toyota pickup for sale and I think it is a great deal but not sure. I am new to the Toyota game; my only experience being with my 97 LX450. I am not really a flipper but I have in mind that I may be able to pick this one up and turn it for a profit to put towards my truck. I was hoping maybe you all could give an idea of what something like this may go for.

Details:
Its' a 1983 Short Bed, Regular Cab.
The paint is red. Looks to be original and with some buffing, I expect it would shine up nicely.
Interior is in fair to good shape with the bench seat.
Manual Transmission
2WD
The kicker, that really gives me pause, is the the Odometer is broken. Shows around 40K and the guy said he would estimate it has closer to 60K. I know this is not good for the value but not sure how much of a deal killer it would be.

I have seen this era of truck go for good money but with between it being 2WD and the Odometer issue, I am just not sure.
Any help would be genuinely appreciated.

2WD is a value killer for sure. What color interior? SR5, DLX, or ? Pics would greatly help.

2WD is a value killer for sure. What color interior? SR5, DLX, or ? Pics would greatly help.
It's a base model. Not even AC.
I don't have any pictures but I think you all have given me enough information to make a decision. He's asking 2k for it, so not really enough room to make much.
Thank you all, for the help.

No ac in Texas? i'd say throw him $1200 and see if you can get it for $1700 and then clean it up really good and throw it on BaT if you are wanting to sell it. Or just keep it as a run around while you work on your LX.

If it is low mileage, could be a gold mine of parts. What color is the interior? Is the dash pad cracked? What are the door panels like? Gas pedal intact? Vent window doors? Look at the prices those parts command on eBay and you'll see what I mean. I'm guessing that being a Texas truck all that stuff is bad but who knows. There's always people on the forums and FB groups looking for running 22Rs.

No ac in Texas? i'd say throw him $1200 and see if you can get it for $1700 and then clean it up really good and throw it on BaT if you are wanting to sell it. Or just keep it as a run around while you work on your LX.

Right? No AC in Texas, should be illegal. ;)
As to BAT, I am not all that familiar. Would they accept a vehicle with a broken odometer? I thought that site was reserved for only pristine examples.

If it is low mileage, could be a gold mine of parts. What color is the interior? Is the dash pad cracked? What are the door panels like? Gas pedal intact? Vent window doors? Look at the prices those parts command on eBay and you'll see what I mean. I'm guessing that being a Texas truck all that stuff is bad but who knows. There's always people on the forums and FB groups looking for running 22Rs.

The interior is Tan, vinyl. It is as base as they come. No power steering, no ac, etc. I haven't gotten a chance to do a full on inspection, just a quick glance while chatting with the owner but I recall it looking very straight. I believe all of those interior pieces are intact if a little dingy. He keeps it parked inside a big barn/shop. He said he used to use it for a farrier business but now just runs it around town once a week or so, to keep it moving. I really don't think I would be interested in parting it out. It just seems too nice to do that to it.

Right? No AC in Texas, should be illegal. ;)
As to BAT, I am not all that familiar. Would they accept a vehicle with a broken odometer? I thought that site was reserved for only pristine examples.
Ah good point about the odo, not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom