Whats a complete PTO winch worth? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
I have a complete PTO winch setup from a 1970 40 that I am contemplating selling. I have a general idea of value, but was curious if any of you could offer any input.

It is a complete setup: winch, driveshaft, 3speed case with output and all linkage.

I'd really like to use it, but I'm thinking of going to an h55 and split case setup and the ouput won't swap over and the split case pto setups are even more unusual in North America otherwise I'd keep it and run the split case pto.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Pictures

0828161757_HDR-1.jpg

0831160709_HDR.jpg

0828161756_HDR-1.jpg

Thanks

One of the mounting feet is broken in the last picture, which is unfortunately a common problem. I don't know the value, but repairs will matter.

Big issue with the 80 is that I think all the North American spec trucks don't have the port with a bolt-on cover that's needed on the transfer case. All we get is a blank piece of metal. So, yeah, you'd have to modify to a split-case or something to do a PTO winch. Or find a 40 owner that needs it

Big issue with the 80 is that I think all the North American spec trucks don't have the port with a bolt-on cover that's needed on the transfer case. All we get is a blank piece of metal. So, yeah, you'd have to modify to a split-case or something to do a PTO winch. Or find a 40 owner that needs it

The H55F would not bolt to a 80 series transfer case. Even 91/92 transfer case is different then a FJ62 which could bolt to a H55F. Believe 10/82 was the date a split case would bolt behind a H55F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom