What SMB350?? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you will be pleased with that 6.0, it's just an absolute beast of an engine....big block performance with small block weight....oh and if you want to purdy it up some you can use LS1 fuel rail covers on it (ebay).....do you have a build thread for this helltoy project anywhere or pics? it sounds interesting, those are some BIG freaking tires man!
Hi,

For the time being I buy every most expensive parts and untraceable in France then I will begin my project more seriously before two-three months. I wait especially for the engine and for the tyres which will define the position of my axles/link …
You can see here all that I have already bought :
Thebj73.com
At present I'm studying suspension because I will want to reproduce the same system as DobbinEngineering.
I will make a post here on my project when I will begin it
icon_wink.gif

Regards

Good to hear that MetalTech took good care of you. Mark and LT and GREAT guys who will take very good care of you before, during, and after the sale.

are those mog axles or volvo?

Hi,
Neither of them, these are of Herrington portal axle of Marmon and many parts have which resembles those of 1/2 Ton Rockwell axle. The Marmon was to create for the French army and for competed Unimog.
here photographs of Marmon : Le Marmon .

Hi,
Neither of them, these are of Herrington portal axle of Marmon and many parts have which resembles those of 1/2 Ton Rockwell axle. The Marmon was to create for the French army and for competed Unimog.
here photographs of Marmon : Le Marmon .

pretty ugly IMOP :. but thanks for this valuable information .. never ear about it ..

those axles come with lockers .. ? ( cable or vaccum lockers ) and did you know the reduction .. ?

those ARE weird looking axles, are you doing rear steer? and are you pushing the axles out past the front and rear end of the body? it may be a challenge to keep it from being too high with portals and 47's.....what wheelbase and bellypan height are you shooting for? your axle tube/chunk clearance is going to be amazing

pretty ugly IMOP :. but thanks for this valuable information .. never ear about it ..

those axles come with lockers .. ? ( cable or vaccum lockers ) and did you know the reduction .. ?
Hi,
Only rear axles are equipped with lockers and it's for that that I bought two rear axles to get rear lockers and put it on a front axle and it's vaccum lockers. Of origin in the Marmon the outputs shaft of axles are to the left and those of Toyota bj73 are to the right and I'm going to invert axle and to put the rear in front and vice-versa.
For the axles ratio it's 6.716:1

those ARE weird looking axles, are you doing rear steer? and are you pushing the axles out past the front and rear end of the body? it may be a challenge to keep it from being too high with portals and 47's.....what wheelbase and bellypan height are you shooting for? your axle tube/chunk clearance is going to be amazing
Hi,
For the time being I'm not doing rear steer but it's slightly later envisaged. The front axle will be moved forward of 4" and for the rear I still don't know but I want to stay between a bj73 and a bj75 wheelbase.
Normally the height should be good while keeping all transmission lined up. In finale my projet should resemble it fj75 : http://www.thebj73.com/Projet/projet_det/FJ75MAQ.jpg but with portal axle and hydraulic suspension...

Here an example of a guy which has put Marmon axles on its Toyota LJ73: http://4x4lololab.free.fr/PAGES/toto.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom