What size scket for 80-series diff? (1 Viewer)

I've been meaning to check my diff oil but have never found the right size socket to remove these blts..
Mine are a little bit rounded so I'm not game to just dive in balls n' all. Will have to buy the right size socket.

Thank you.

The size is 24mm, I've found that a six point impact socket works best. As the drain plug doesn't have much of a lip some people grind the working end of the socket flat to get a better grip on the plug.

Order the allen head plugs & wrench from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (or another cruiserhead store) Once you recieve them borrow a 24 mm socket to remove and replace the stockers.

Here's the allen replacements on cruiseroutfitters.com

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Magnetic Drain Plug W/Washer - $6.25[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]OEM Allen Head Toyota Drain Plug With Magnet[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1](Fits 58'-1/90' Manual Transmissions, 58'-1/98' Transfer Case Drain & Fill Plugs, & 58'-1/98' Differential Drain & Fill Plugs)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Part# EGP18021[/SIZE][/FONT]
FWIW,
I'm going off memory on the socket size. Let someone else chime in if you are going to purchase one. Hate for you to buy one & not be able to use it.

Get a 6 point socket - you'll feel much better. If it's been a while you'll also want to get a breaker bar as they can be a bear to get loose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom