What 'mic' do you use and why do you like (or dislike) it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm currently using a Ranger SRA-198NC on my CB.

I'm replacing an Astatic Road Devil with it. Two very different mic's. One is amplified (Astatic) the other (Ranger) is not amplified and is noise canceling (does not use a battery however).

I haven't had much opportunity to use the Ranger yet...but will report back when I do.

Ranger Mic_1.jpg

Ranger Mic_2.jpg

For the most part, I've used the stock mics that came with my radios. As long as the original still works, I won't replace it. The one time that I did replace a mic that had gone severely south, was "hot mic'd with a serious sequel," I bought a new mic that had "roger beep" in it. Don't remember selling that radio/mic, but I have NO IDEA where it went. That's when I bought my Uniden PC122XL.

For the most part, I've used the stock mics that came with my radios. As long as the original still works, I won't replace it. The one time that I did replace a mic that had gone severely south, was "hot mic'd with a serious sequel," I bought a new mic that had "roger beep" in it. Don't remember selling that radio/mic, but I have NO IDEA where it went. That's when I bought my Uniden PC122XL.

Great little radio. Upper and Lower Sideband. Wish they still made them. Very compact.

Stock, after experimenting with others. I had a PC122.....then teh truck was stolen. Friend has a PC122XL which sounds great, and over 25 years old

Stock, after experimenting with others. I had a PC122.....then teh truck was stolen. Friend has a PC122XL which sounds great, and over 25 years old

They are a good and very popular unit. Same 'board' in them believe it or not as the Uniden Pro 810E (base unit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom