What disc brake conversion is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1977, need to order pads and probably rotors any idea who makes this or if it's from a donor? Thanks

20230605_145525.jpg

20230605_145531.jpg

20230605_145538.jpg

20230605_145542.jpg

20230605_145601.jpg

1685992743913.png

I have the same. From my research it’s a later model landcruiser (most likely stock for your year and up)

Take a close look at those front soft lines. My '77 ones were, what? 43 yrs old? They looked like there were tiny cracks in the rubber hose, so I swapped in stainless braided ones I had on hand. You may want to have a set on hand in case they are worse off than at first glance. Also, check all your rubber lines, including the fuel system. I found a lot of rot and replaced all of the soft fuel lines.

Looks stock so anything from when they started disc brakes up to and including FJ60. Mine is a 78 and used the parts for my rear axle.

You can get longer brake lines so the you don't have to break the line when every you service the hubs because the stock lines are too short.

Looks stock so anything from when they started disc brakes up to and including FJ60. Mine is a 78 and used the parts for my rear axle.

You can get longer brake lines so the you don't have to break the line when every you service the hubs because the stock lines are too short.
I took off the caliper from the bracket and laid it on leaf spring with a zip tie in case my ankle biter came to the garage and got curious, had no idea the rotors are such a big deal to replace, got the bearings, seal and race, ugh.

20230605_205352.jpg

Did you try NAPA, Red Line in CO, Man a Fre? Summit may also have them. SOR may have them but the prices will be high.

I replaced my rotors that I used on the rear but they are in better shape then in your photos if you are interested I will send you photos of what I took off. I got slotted rotors from Red Line for my rear axle.

Did you try NAPA, Red Line in CO, Man a Fre? Summit may also have them. SOR may have them but the prices will be high.

I replaced my rotors that I used on the rear but they are in better shape then in your photos if you are interested I will send you photos of what I took off. I got slotted rotors from Red Line for my rear axle.
I have it all but the 54mm socket, coming Wednesday, my knuckles are good, may do then over winter for fun. Thanks!

Your half way to a knuckle rebuild once the hubs are off, may want to do the whole enchilada while you are there. FYI I sourced rotors from NAPA.

It's nice weather and the top is perpetually off my fj so I think I will get the brakes fixed and maybe on a rainy weekend do the knuckles or over the winter, I'm replacing bearings now so won't be a big deal to pull all this off again and Ill just replace the seal again to do the knuckles.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom