What did you do with your truck this week? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

31984A5B-F510-4A0C-8E96-7F68AA2326BE.jpeg
Strawberry Hill corn maze

I am likely going to have to back out of the parkway ride. This is the unplanned part of truck prep this weekend. Still need to replace exhaust manifolds and fuel pump assembly.
B186B9C2-FDE1-49DD-9A62-DE40170FC214.jpeg
04460A29-CE7B-4352-B534-97D5E1FAE403.jpeg

I need to drop out the whole A/T again, to get to my pesky rear main seal. So, this will fill one of my off season weekends in the coming months. On the front burner... dropping the fuel tank and replacing the fuel pump assembly this weekend (remember the one p-code at a time remark above?)

We found some mud down at Gulches ORV park.

C77A852A-D68E-48A5-A239-1CA4A5E00D8B.jpeg

78431A94-5DFC-4CD8-A024-657D9B245A53.jpeg

So just in case anybody was wonderin', I did not cut a big hole in my floor pan to replace the fuel pump :cool: It only took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish (including removing the ARB fridge which was situated on the seat behind the driver (directly over the access hole)

FuelPump (1).JPG

FuelPump (2).JPG

FuelPump (3).JPG

FuelPump (4).JPG

I don't know if this is standard on all Toyota trucks, but the whole assembly is spring loaded. Went fully installed, it holds the pump assembly against the floor of the tank.
FuelPump (5).JPG

The filter "sock" is buried deep inside the pump assembly "bucket". Nonetheless, it looks pretty clogged up. By the way, you can disassemble the pump down to all the components, but Mr. Toyota does not sell any of the individual parts. . . like this little sock filter, or even the pump motor itself.
FuelPump (6).JPG

FuelPump (7).JPG

Being curious, I cut the edges off and opened it up. There's a funny little man hiding inside ;)
FuelPump (8).JPG

Of course your garage is meticulously organized, @Yotahead52 - BTW, what is your goal? I never heard how much damage was accrued after that impact.

This is probably not terrible to fix and reinforce. Did it tweak the frame any more than that?
View attachment 2830352
@jvalex and @BMThiker I wasn’t sure how far the damage went until I got it tore down. It did bend the core support and the inner fender liner on the passenger side as well as damaging other front end parts. Once I got everything out of the way, and started doing measurements from frame to ground I found that the damage did not really extend too far past what is visible right in this picture. Everything from that first crossmember back is at the same elevation thank goodness. Last night I cut some welds and such to try to remove as little material as possible. And I am in the process of grafting a frame cut provided to me by Marshall Shepard onto that front section . I thought I was going to have to take out everything from the back of the crossmember forward but it’s actually the part in front of the crossmember only. I have all of the parts necessary for repairs except for a new front bumper and a passenger side outer marker light. I’ve got to make a front bumper decision may not go back with the ARB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom