What country is the FZJ80 assembled in? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TB Cruzer said:
I'm confused, so if we went to Ecuador we could buy a brand new 80? Would they be street legal in the US?

Nope :crybaby:

Dirk Diggler said:
I think the axles used on the "Autana" and "VX" (80 series in Venezuela) are Dana 44's. I believe everything else is Toyota. You can also get a manual transmission with the petrol motors.

www.toyota.com.ve

Nope...All toyota....wheeled with one that was a 93 FZJ that had manual aisin lock outs, 5 speed, and had carb and no emissions....all stock. Super sick cruiser.

Hey everyone,

Check out the links for more Araco info (today, known as Toyota Auto Body).

Seems like at the end of FZJ80 production, they built their 3 Millionth Cruiser!!

Boggles the mind!

Also, the label seen on the window with the 90% built in Japan was the sticker for the "Label Law" or AALA (American Automobile Label Act). Was to keep the locals proud of their content, and get after Honda for trying to assert that their kit-built engines of the late '80's were domestic, when in reality, they were not much more than 100% Japanese parts bolted together here in the US.

So, enjoy!

http://www.toyota-body.co.jp/english/index.html

http://www.toyota-boshoku.co.jp/en/about/dc/detail2.html

concretejungle said:
I don't know why all the drool over the 70 series, the 80 series is bar far the best!

I don't know CJ that 75 series pick-up is making me seriously drool. I only wish I had the coin to get one and park it next to the 80.

Wouldn't it be nice to have all of those Cruisers to choose from. I think I would have a seizure if I showed up to a dealership and it had 5-6 different series of Cruisers to choose from.

Dirk Diggler said:
Wouldn't it be nice to have all of those Cruisers to choose from. I think I would have a seizure if I showed up to a dealership and it had 5-6 different series of Cruisers to choose from.

LOL I can't look at your forum name without picturing Mark Wahlberg

Check out the used 80's in Venezuela, I'm moving to South America :beer:

HERE

That does not look like EFI
iag-54p.jpg
iag-54p-3.jpg

Last edited:
Dirk Diggler said:
If you really want to drool, check out the Cruiser selection here:

www.toyota.com.ec/
Nice.... I would even take the turbo-diesel Hi-Ace.

Guess the grass is always greener.

Interesting that we only have once choice of LandCruiser here and they have 6 !

MaddBaggins said:
LOL I can't look at your forum name without picturing Mark Wahlberg

My name used to be Eddie Adams. Then I wanted a name that was "razor sharp" and could "cut glass".

Last edited:
OZCAL said:
Not the last scene of the movie I hope :banana: NTTAWTT!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

NO!

Classic Dirk, classic :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom