What are you working on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My cabinet maker came through. Now to assemble new galley for squaredrop

IMG_4939.webp


IMG_4940.webp
 
Been cleaning/flushing the coolant system in the 80 the past week to switch it back over to Toyota red. Finally able to start putting it back together permanently and added a couple new parts. These two parts seem to be common to deteriorate and I did notice a moisture ring around it so decided to replace. Mine happened to be perfectly fine besides the o-rings. New parts are pretty though.

IMG_6997.webp


Have one more drain then new coolant to go in. The Thermocure product I used did a great job removing whatever was in the radiator, which is new to my ownership of the truck.
 
Going with the theme of coolant and slightly funny story. Wife told me there was a coolant smell from her Sequoia, popped the hood and looked around, didn't see anything dripping. Got a light and looked a little closer at hoses. Put my hand on one of the coolant lines going to the front heater core and BOOM!!! Coolant to the face (less than hot but hotter than warm) I don't know why dogs like coolant so much because its disgusting. Taste stayed in my beard until I took a shower later that evening. Ended up replacing both coolant "T's" for rear heater (one was ok, one disintegrated).

No pics however. Two trips to Ourisman in one week it too many.
 
Glad you didn't get burned. That must have been a shock
 
That thing is looking super nice!
Thank you sir. I plan to try to finish it out this week and start on the plumbing and electrical. It is a lot of work to gain 10" to the interior but should be nice when done.
 
With changing over to Toyota red coolant, I decided to finally install the Koso temp gauge I’ve had for 3-4 years. Hot tapped the coolant pipe at distributor and ran the wiring inside the cab. Temp stayed steady around 176 on the interstate going 75mph and climbs to 180-185 when stopped for gas. It’s nice knowing my actual temps finally.

IMG_7014.webp


IMG_7015.webp


(Misplaced my rear heat button)
IMG_7020.webp


Also got my “D” light to work and swapped my backlit lights. Not as obnoxious as I thought it would be. Picture makes them look brighter than they are.

IMG_7019.webp
 
Does your cruise control still work? I heard dash LEDs break a bunch of things
 
Back
Top Bottom