What are these hoses? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

As the title suggests, what are these parts?

*The one attached seems to be leaking what looks like oil. I figure I should probably replace that.

The next hose was just laying underneath the rear baffle of my intake hose. I really have no clue where it goes as I can’t find an unconnected vacuum tube.

*The first picture is up close, next to the oil cap and the second photo is just from further away.

**the piece I’m holding is the loose one

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are your PCV hoses. On the drivers side, it is connected to the PCV valve on the valve cover.

First picture is the PCV valve hose and the part weeping oil is a heat shield of sorts for the PCV valve.

The disconnected hose should be connected to the box that connects to the air intake and is mounted on the engine PS over the spark plugs, which you apparently removed prior to photos.

First picture is the PCV valve hose and the part weeping oil is a heat shield of sorts for the PCV valve.

The disconnected hose should be connected to the box that connects to the air intake and is mounted on the engine PS over the spark plugs, which you apparently removed prior to photos.
After putting this box bac in with everything else, I notice a vacuum thing here. Where on my engine does the other end connect tho?

image.jpg

After putting this box bac in with everything else, I notice a vacuum thing here. Where on my engine does the other end connect tho?

View attachment 2607641

Nevermind! I found the area it connects it between two pistons. I used a towel and just lightly put the tip in because the valve looked dirty. It’s compeltly back on the inside, is that normal?

Hello,

As the title suggests, what are these parts?

*The one attached seems to be leaking what looks like oil. I figure I should probably replace that.

The next hose was just laying underneath the rear baffle of my intake hose. I really have no clue where it goes as I can’t find an unconnected vacuum tube.

*The first picture is up close, next to the oil cap and the second photo is just from further away.

**the piece I’m holding is the loose one
View attachment 2607616
Coincidentally, I just ordered PCV hoses for both my 2004 and 1998 today. Looks like yours is the earlier model. Also picked up the PCV grommet and insulation cap 90480-18001 and 12235-50010. Got them from local dealer (they match online prices)For 1998:

151AA96F-28D8-4C9B-89BF-3428E57D150B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom