What are the odds a hidden winch is aligned with the gx470 logo on my sport bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
AA13AE2E-4944-4ABF-B337-7554FDE13F72.jpeg

I’m not sure where to start in terms of measuring to see if it could roughly line up. Does anyone have essentially a spec sheet for this? I think it would be close based on some other pics I’ve seen.

View attachment 2997857
I’m not sure where to start in terms of measuring to see if it could roughly line up. Does anyone have essentially a spec sheet for this? I think it would be close based on some other pics I’ve seen.
Its almost as if that was a place to put a fair-lead ? It probably depends which hidden winch plate you were planning on using . Ive seen someone successfully mod/reinforce the harbor freight winch plate for a 4th gen 4runner . $50 dollars and a little fab ingenuity vs $500 bolt on . It basically sits flush on top of the bumper plate under the shell if i recall right . That should give you a general idea of how closely it may potentially lineup. Figure your control box would need to be relocated to under the hood somewhere most likely.

Last edited:
Wow that’s an ugly bumper, is it OEM?

Looks like it sticks out farther than the normal bumper. I would guess it won’t work without extending some part of the winch mount.

Looks like it sticks out farther than the normal bumper. I would guess it won’t work without extending some part of the winch mount.
Its the oem sport bumper trim and yeah its ugly and unnecessary plastic but at the same time its screaming a fair-lead belongs here .

Its the oem sport bumper trim and yeah its ugly and unnecessary plastic but at the same time its screaming a fair-lead belongs here .

I think this was a dealer installed option, sports do not have this bumper addition.

I'd opt for a full winch bumper if that was on my truck.

Mine is welded right on top of the crash bar. Most of the hidden winch kit are 2-4" lower than this.
IMG_20201105_151152__02.jpg

I'd opt for a full winch bumper if that was on my truck.
It all comes down to wants/needs , personal preference and $$$ . Some people like a cheaper stealthier lighter and more minimalist approach .

Hilarious the hate this bumper gets on mud. On Reddit everyone always wants me to sell it to them.

It’s not practical nor is it the best looking. I’ve kept it for now because I’ve never seen anyone else with one in person.

Hilarious the hate this bumper gets on mud. On Reddit everyone always wants me to sell it to them.

It’s not practical nor is it the best looking. I’ve kept it for now because I’ve never seen anyone else with one in person.
Makes you different. Makes you the topic of conversation.

A lot of the recent GX470 builds start looking the same because of the same components we copy off each other.

This looks nice. Sounds like I’ll have to weld on top though if I wanna have any chance of it lining up though. Thanks for the info.
This is how I did mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom