What are good brands of head gaskets? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Felpro usually makes a damn decient head gasket.

What are good brands of head gaskets? That is, besides Toyota. ;)
Some brands I've seen are EPN,Eristic, ITM, Apex, Corteco.
I have bought several Apex gasket sets from eBay(user mingsung) here
and have had good results. Good price and set shows up very fast! I ordered one day and the set was there the next!!!
Danny

As a former NAPA employee, i use, and have used Victor-Reinz.
and have used ROCK gaskets too.

i like em both. heres why.
on two separate occasions. with the two brands, i accidently bent the end of the gasket. you know, where its real small around the timing cover.

the victor gasket was severly deformed, and at 40 bucks a peice, i kept it on there.

meh.

so any way its been close to 80K miles and not a problem.

the Rock gasket i F'd up too, and that one is still fine.

over all, i think that some are junk, but many are not.

I do know that Victor puts a lot of time and research into developing a leading gasket. so they may be superior. but that could be the former employee talkin too. ;)

Absolutely DO NOT use ITM, I got a full ITM kit from the machine shop for free, thought it was a great deal, but now I know why it was free. I got leaks all over the place, and everything was torqued correctly. Their gaskets are absolute crap. I've been slowly replacing some with the napa gaskets and I'm happy with the results. I'm just about to replace pretty much every gasket on my engine this weekend, with napa gaskets. I'll let you know the results.

LC engineering builds thier 2xR motors with fel-pro, and that's all the endorsement I need to use them!

i agree, but for me napas right around the corner and more convinient then fel pro. either or... ive heard great things about both. havent heard much about the oems....arent they expensive?

i agree, but for me napas right around the corner and more convinient then fel pro. either or... ive heard great things about both. havent heard much about the oems....arent they expensive?

If you ask your local napa might be able to order you a fel pro gasket.

At least mine was able to.

Just a thought, copper?

I thought copper had too p's in it. :doh:

his question was "what are good BRANDS of head gaskets" not what are they made out of (FWIW the best ones were made out of asbestos -banned-)

they dont make copper head gaskets for cars welcome to the year 2007.....

If you are going to post please dont post worthless comments to pad your post count or to try to be funny, people post questions to get answers to problems, not get some off the wall invalid response, thats what "chat" is for.

what do you mean they dont make copper head gaskets for cars!I put one in my 2.5 turbo daytona. Copper is the way to go if they make one for the application you need one for. Re-useable,high blow-out strengh,temp.resistant

As a former NAPA employee, i use, and have used Victor-Reinz.
and have used ROCK gaskets too.

i like em both. heres why.
on two separate occasions. with the two brands, i accidently bent the end of the gasket. you know, where its real small around the timing cover.

the victor gasket was severly deformed, and at 40 bucks a peice, i kept it on there.

meh.

so any way its been close to 80K miles and not a problem.

the Rock gasket i F'd up too, and that one is still fine.

over all, i think that some are junk, but many are not.

I do know that Victor puts a lot of time and research into developing a leading gasket. so they may be superior. but that could be the former employee talkin too. ;)
no your right victor is the only gaskets dad would use.never had one fail he claimed. shrug

what do you mean they dont make copper head gaskets for cars!I put one in my 2.5 turbo daytona. Copper is the way to go if they make one for the application you need one for. Re-useable,high blow-out strengh,temp.resistant

and very corrosion prone with any aluminum/steel combos, laminated material gaskets are the next best thing to an Oring

why would they be corrosion prone?laminated gaskets have a steel core in them,wouldn't that be just as corrosion prone?I dont think i have ever heard of a copper gasket ever failing,race engines use them all the time with aluminum/steel engine designs,just do you want to spend over 100 odd dolars on a gasket?Copper is a GREAT gasket just getting hard to find these days.In the early days of supercharging and turbos copper was always used.In my opinion laminated gaskets are just a cheaper way to make a gasket

his question was "what are good BRANDS of head gaskets" not what are they made out of (FWIW the best ones were made out of asbestos -banned-)

they dont make copper head gaskets for cars welcome to the year 2007.....

If you are going to post please dont post worthless comments to pad your post count or to try to be funny, people post questions to get answers to problems, not get some off the wall invalid response, thats what "chat" is for.

Just paddin' here but........... I thought I might HELP this guy by broudening his horizons.

You mean this aint 79-95 cars!!!!! tech I'm sorry.

1: resurch copper head gaskets

2: join us in the year 2007

3: Every Toyota motor I know of has an aftermarket supplyer for copper head gaskets.

4: I'm gonna Keep paddin' IF its OK with you

5: EVERY Toyota motor that I will be keeping (ie NEVER FOR SALE)
will have a copper HG, my sons son will let you know when it goes bad.

6: Why do companies make them?

7: Why in the *ell do so many companys sell them?

8: Why does'nt this thing have spell check?

9: Do I get a cookie at 100?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom