SOLD Western Mass 1971 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is my 1971 FJ40. I've owned this 40 since 2014. Wish I could keep it and could turn it into what I've always wanted, but being active duty doesn't quite allow me to do that. I'll list every single thing I can remember good and bad about it. I would like $12,000 for everything with it, but please if my price is crazy I encourage the community to let me know, I haven't been on Mud or even been able to think about turning a wrench on my 40 in more than 2.5 years. This is by no means a running and driving rig, it ran and drove before parked but more than likely won't start right now. I can guarantee I'm forgetting some stuff on the list of what I've done but I listed everything I could remember. Here's a "build" thread that outlines a bunch of what I did Slow 71 Build

Asking $12,000 OBO, definitely considering trades but the trades would have to be a solid reliable DD no real preference, no projects please as I'm selling this because this is a lot of a project for me being active duty.

1971 with a 454 chevy big block with brand new holley truck avenger 670, TH475(RV TH400 stronger gears) fully rebuilt with a new converter paired to an Orion 4:1 case built by Georg at valley hybrids, AA Twin sticks, Advance adapter crossmember(not the propeller one for the back of the case this one goes under the trans to case adapter, 4.11 axles locker front limited slip rear, 285/70r17 BFG KM2 95% tread, American Racing Baja teflon coated wheels, Saginaw power steering, AA drag link (cj pitman arm/rod end to 40 series at knuckle), all brand new drag link and tie rod ends, new pitman arm, new body mounts, new leaf spring bushings, MetalTech Oem style roll bar, rear bench seat, Redline Land Cruisers bumper with radiator guard and LED pods, American Auto Wire Harness, tube seat bracket with Crow lap belts(installed) with shoulder straps(uninstalled), bikini top, hard top, tailgate, hard doors, zero frame rust, whole pile of random spare parts

"Spare" parts:
spring over front and rear housing, front is fully rebuilt brand new bearings and seals, used 6 shooters with new bearings, brand new RCV's, High steer with 80 series ends on a tie rod(no drag link), 4.11 with lock rite, Aisin hubs, rear housing is unassembled and comes with an open 4.11 carrier and disc brake conversion kit(brackets, rotors, pads, calipers. 2 37/12.5r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers 1/2 tread

The bad:
I hate how the wiring is done run terribly, battery is definitely dead and in a terrible spot(PO), Gas is most likely bad, hasn't been run in over 2.5 years, hardtop is disassembled(but in great shape, couple of broken bolts and needs new seals), Hardtop back hatch handle broken on outside, TH475 has a collapsed stud(i was tightening the adapter into place and it pulled the stud through and collapsed the hole for the stud, HTS 2000 would definitely fix it or grab a th400 and swap all the internals over), Rot on the driver side door bottom, rot on the driver side rocker(only rust on rig), passenger door has dent, small engine oil leak

The stuff that I think are bad that you might love:
The previous owner painted silver flames that are purplish in the right light, I almost never drove with doors because of this but certainly not a huge fan

IMG_3571.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg
IMG_3842.jpg
IMG_3851.jpg
IMG_3852.jpg

Last edited:
Any interest in selling the hardtop pieces separately? DM me if interested. I have a rusty one I could trade with cash.

I have no interest in selling the hardtop unless I sell the 40 without it first. Wiltonfj62 PM sent. Sorry I’m terrible at checking here.

Still available if so please text
631 873 6912

Thanks

im interested, but im on the west coast, have you tried starting it lately?

I have not tried starting it recently as I do not live near my parents any more. I know it wont start without a little bit of work, at least a new battery and fresh fuel.

What would you like for pictures? I currently live in New Jersey but the 40 is at my parents house in their garage in Western Mass. It has sorta become a catch all for random items since I’m using a bunch of their garage space haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom