SOLD West Virginia: 2003 LX470, 153K, Former FL Vehicle (Sale Pending....) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
black
Price Reduced to $20,000 OBO - My Wife wants her side of the garage back...

As much as I love my '03 LX470, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to own the last year of the 200 series, and pulled the trigger on a '21 Heritage Edition .
Thus it is time to pass this fine vehicle along to someone else.

2003 Lexus LX470, 153,300 miles, Located: Milton, WV. Price $22,000. obo

I am the second owner of this fine vehicle. I purchased it in 2014 with 92,500 miles from the first owner who lived in Florida. He was a nationally renowned physician, and this was his wife’s car. They performed ALL maintenance on the vehicle at the original selling dealer as you can see by the attached Lexus owners report. No expense was spared on the routine servicing. They even had a monthly detailing done on all of their vehicles. Suffice it to say that it never left the pavement, nor did it suffer from poor upkeep.

I do my own service work, with the limited exceptions of recalls and those items that are beyond my abilities. I have tried to carry on the first owner’s tradition of excessive detail to routine maintenance. I will included photos of my “black book” of the items /maintenance I have performed.

The vehicle is bone stock with a couple of small exceptions - I couldn’t see to drive it at night with the stock headlights, so I did change out the projectors to the Mini H1 HID projectors /ballasts/ bulbs from the Retrofit Source and was one of the first customers of @Luke111 for his custom brackets for the projector retrofit. The change in light output was definitely worth it. The only other item is a YodaMD Key housing to replace the OEM one.

I haven’t taken this vehicle off road, unless you count the 2 mile gravel road I take to get to my farm...
IMG_1886.jpg
IMG_1887.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg

Highlights of upgrades / replacements under my ownership:
  • OEM in-bumper receive hitch added (although never used) – Still have the original cover plate if the new owner wished to remove it.
  • Air Conditioning amplifier (electronic brain) went out – Dealer replaced
  • Dealer also did the side impact airbag Recall work a few years back
  • HID Projector upgrade as mentioned above.
  • New Michelin Tires at 147,000 miles
  • New Radiator (OEM Toyota) and toyota red coolant change last year.
  • Heater T’s have been replaced.
  • ATF, Transfer Case, and Diffs all baselined around 110,000 miles
  • AHC fluid changed / Flushed (AHC operates perfectly)
  • Synthetic Oil changes on 5,000 mile schedule - Always Toyota Filters. I’ve been using Royal Purple oil in all my vehicles the past few years.
  • U-joints and Drive Shafts always greased on same schedule as oil changes
  • Serpentine belt and pulleys were replaced last year with OEM
The timing belt was replaced at 75,000 by the dealer for the previous owner. Thus I would recommend the purchaser plan for a timing belt / water pump replacement at 175,000 –200,000 miles.

Since this is a 2003 model, it does have the 5 speed automatic transmission, and it still has a transmission dipstick unlike the 2004 and later. It runs and drives just as it should. All electronics and the AHC operate properly. I re-foamed the OEM speakers and subwoofer a few years back and replaced the speaker cloth.

The paint / body is a 8.5 out of 10. There are the usual rock chips on the hood which have been touched up. There is a small scratch on the grey part of the tailgate. The rear bumper cover has minor parking lot scuffs on both corners. And the drivers door has a small edge chip (touched up) where it was opened into the side of another vehicle. All of the above are shown in the photos. There is one spot on the passenger side carpet, which is entirely hidden under the weathertech floor liners -see pic.

I have included several photos under the vehicle - the typical rust on the gas tank skid plate and exhaust, and some limited rust on the frame. In the northeast, this would be a “rust fee” vehicle.

I just had the vehicle detailed inside and out, and despite my instructions to the contrary, they did gloss up the engine compartment as shown in the photos.

Please let me know if any questions / need additional photos of any areas.

Last edited:
Sold. Thank you for your inquiries...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom