Weirdprob.- sliding off throttle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The back end of mine will come around when I power ON, not power OFF. Mine tends to plow under braking (even with the LSPV disabled), and do a fairly neutral drift with no throttle input. It is normal to lose traction in the rear when braking (which is why novice snow drivers are taught to brake before the turn), but your case sounds pretty excessive. If you're not braking or accelerating, just going around a bend, it should be pretty neutral, or slightly understeer.

1) Put your front swaybar back on. This alone could be the culprit.
2) I'm with the guys who said go through and replace your suspension bushings. That seems like the minimal baseline.

Your caster correction (yellow bushings) are inadequate for a 4" lift, but that's not the cause of this particular problem (I bet it handles like a loose stool though).

In the snow anything over about 20 and the rear would try to come around. No front sway and stock rear. If I'm on the throttle I get I understeer. This last weekend when I really noticed it in the gravel I was going about 35 when it tried to come around, as soon as i got back on the throttle, it started to push. I would also rather deal with over than understeer, but what I've got going on is excessive.

No front sway is the first thing to look at. Put that back on and that will get you back to more neutral handling.

Still seems a little weird to be breaking loose at only 20.

I also removed front sway bar and it definety contributed to a similar issue on my truck - noticeable when slowing down.

Yeah it makes sense. Increased body roll in the front is going to cause the rear end to unweight, and that's compounded when slowing down or coasting downhill where your weight is already forward.

I was thinking about ditching the front sway on mine but this changed my mind. Going to get some disconnects instead and keep it connected all winter. I really do love the winter handling of this truck. I hope the sway solves OP's issue.

Thanks for all the input gents!!!!! I'll start with the bushings. I crawled under it tonight, I didn't think they were terrible, but one bushing looks like the rubber may have completely come apart... so I'll get new ones ordered up here in the next few days. If that doesn't fix it I'll add the sway back to it. If still not fixed, I'll get those front caster correction bushings corrected. This thing has been an adventure. The guy I got it from had 0 clue and only owned it about a year. I think he was in way over his head and once his wife found out, it had to go. Whoever owned it prior though did some solid upgrades, and some not so solid upgrades, but it seems to have been taken care of. Definitely used it though.
Thanks again guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom