Weber air Cleaner Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Getting things ready for SnT and I have been running a Weber on my 40 for the last 20 years, I have always wanted to upgrade the air cleaner because the one that comes with the kit gets dirty quick and they are rather small.
I started with an old stock air cleaner top. then I went down to Nappa and found an air filter that would work for what I had planned Next I bolted down the Weber adapter used to mount a stock air cleaner. I used an old metal pie plate for the bottom and started mocking things up​
small_DSCN0771.JPG
small_DSCN0770.JPG
small_DSCN0772.JPG

Last edited:
After getting things cleaned up I started making gaskets and bolting things up, I have a Tool Box mounted under the hood and I needed to keep the air cleaner on the passanger side so I could still keep the Tool Box
Everything fit fine But I still needed to figure out some kind of support for the filter side :hmm: I figured I would weld something to the top of the air cleaner housing and use one of the valve cover studs to blot the bracket to​
small_DSCN0773.JPG
small_DSCN0774.JPG
small_DSCN0775.JPG

After welding up the support bracket I got it painted and finished bolting up the new Air Cleaner and filter , I used all thread to bolt the pie pan to the upper air filter housing , Once everything was bloted I re-installed my Tool Box. I had the day off and well who can go a day without working on something :grinpimp:
small_DSCN0777.JPG
small_DSCN0776.JPG
small_DSCN0778.JPG

Nice work! I run Webers and have heard the aircleaners they come with restrict airflow... can you tell any difference? I never could with it off? I was going to just run the snorkle plenum(so spendy!)

BTW when you said you had a toolbox mounted under the hood... I didnt think you meant "TOOL BOX"! lol cool that it fits though?

Nice work! I run Webers and have heard the aircleaners they come with restrict airflow... can you tell any difference? I never could with it off? I was going to just run the snorkle plenum(so spendy!)

BTW when you said you had a toolbox mounted under the hood... I didnt think you meant "TOOL BOX"! lol cool that it fits though?

Still to early to tell but I know its going to be a heck of alot better than the one that came with the kit. I will keep you posted as I get more miles on it :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom