Waze/CarPlay workaround / screen mirroring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From what I gather Beat Sonic is just a screen mirroring device and this actually adds apple/android CarPlay to the factory head unit.

Correct on the screen mirroring vs actual CarPlay, however it does also add the nav lockout override and movie availability.

First 20 seconds on the video goes the details and last 20 or so show the movie/nav override while in motion.

How difficult is the BeatSonic install?

Hey, it is always nice to get the question answered before you ask it.....:)

Last edited:
How difficult is the BeatSonic install?

Hey, it is always nice to get the question answered before you ask it.....:)

I just recently installed the BeatSonic. Maybe 5 weeks ago. Piece of cake install. Took less than an hour. Taking the dash apart, and fear of breaking the clips, was far more difficult than installing the modules and wiring. I'm very happy with the setup. I have an android setup and the mirroring works flawlessly. As mentioned above it also allows full functionality of the menus while moving as well. Nice bonus. If you don't have the plastic tools for interior removals track some down. They're invaluable.

Does the Beatsonic have a toggle switch you need to manipulate to get functionality? How well does the screen mirroring work? Guessing my phone has to be plugged in for it to work?

Does the Beatsonic have a toggle switch you need to manipulate to get functionality? How well does the screen mirroring work? Guessing my phone has to be plugged in for it to work?
It does time out. I set mine at 4 mins. You have to use the steering wheel volume button +-+- within 2 seconds to send the signal to enable full functionality once it's timed out. I use the screen mirroring almost every day. I don't know what type of phone you have, android does it wirelessly via casting. Apple products need to be plugged in. There is another thread about the BeatSonic that addresses the one downside and that is phone overheating if charging wireless in the 2016 and newer. Mine does the same. For longer trips I have to plug my phone in rather than place in the console. I have the Samsung Note 8 for reference.

They have an excellent install and user video on youtube. I watched it before and during my install. Simple.

Not a big thing, nor do I really care about it but thought I'd add it to this thread. When I remote start my truck (OEM remote start) it causes an issue with my steering wheel controls. For whatever reason when I try to skip a track it goes back to the start of it. The reason I'm adding it to this thread is that I know the beatsonic interfaces with the steering controls harness and I doubt the OEM remote start would be the cause of the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom