Water smacking sound passenger rear door when driving in rain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I am new here and wanted to get an opinion. I might be paranoid but it’s my dream car so; when driving in the rain it sounds like the rain in smacking the top of the passenger side rear door. It does not seem to be leaking but thought it was a little funny or annoying as it’s a 2020 land cruiser. Thanks for the help!

If the door gasket is not 100% you could experiment by using no residue 3M duck tape around the door and see how it changes. If it makes a noticeable improvement speak to your dealer.

Hello! I am new here and wanted to get an opinion. I might be paranoid but it’s my dream car so; when driving in the rain it sounds like the rain in smacking the top of the passenger side rear door. It does not seem to be leaking but thought it was a little funny or annoying as it’s a 2020 land cruiser. Thanks for the help!

I have a 2020 HE. Recent trip with a space case & kayak on top. Developed funny flapping noise .. like a strap in the wind hitting the roof. I checked everything a few times. Driving me nuts! Finally found the factory sliding crossbar tightening screws were a bit loose on one end. Fixed the mystery sound! Worth a look on yours..

@Markuson , how did you delete your awesome comment? Or the mods got mad at you??

@Markuson , how did you delete your awesome comment? Or the mods got mad at you??

Nah...
Sometimes when I re-read stuff that i couldnt see well when responding...I think maybe it comes out wrong. I think i zapped that one...but can’t even remember now. Pretty sure it was entirely unimportant...and that I mis-read the OP. So...it wasn’t relevant.

I have a 2020 HE. Recent trip with a space case & kayak on top. Developed funny flapping noise .. like a strap in the wind hitting the roof. I checked everything a few times. Driving me nuts! Finally found the factory sliding crossbar tightening screws were a bit loose on one end. Fixed the mystery sound! Worth a look on yours..

The crossbar thing happened often on my oem RR. Since there is no visual indication when the knobs are tight or loose...it’s easy to forget to tighten them....and ya, they do make annoyingly mysterious noises at speed. ;)

I didn't know it was possible to delete posts... is that an added feature with silver stars?

I didn't know it was possible to delete posts... is that an added feature with silver stars?

Yes. The small yearly fee has many benefits, including that.
It’s helpful because it’s quite easy to accidentally post, or double-post here.
Also eliminates ads, offers more powerful, custom alerts, and more. I think it’s $20 a year. Very reasonable.

I've experienced something similar when driving in the rain, but not identical. My sounds comes pretty strongly from the wheel well area. Its more prominent when the 2nd row is folded down, but still audible when the seats are upright in normal position.

Seems to mainly be from the pass side also.

I've had a lot of water noise in every land cruiser I've ever owned (80, 100, 200). I'm fairly certain that it is water hitting the wheel well, which is right beside the rear seats. It has never created any issues. Not saying that is what you are hearing for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

If it is, and it bothers you, you might be able to mitigate it with sound deadening (like dynamat kind of stuff, lots of other brands available) applied to interior side of the wheel arches under the trim panels.

Look at the shape of the lower part of the rear door. You are simply paranoid and hearing the water splash up from the front tires. That exact area also collects mud, dust, snow, etc.... on long drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom