Water leak.......searching for the cause. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, need some help locating a water leak. Its coming out of the back seat HVAC controls in the ceiling. I feel like I've checked or fixed every issue it would be but still hasn't completely stopped it.

I have resealed the 3rd brake light, removed roof rack which included resealing holes with bolts, rubber washers and silicone. Also, my sunroof isn't currently working so I've sealed it up with black duct tape for now. Before i did that i removed the sunroof and snaked the drains with weed wacker line. I cant seem to think of anywhere else it would come from and I've searched high and low on this forum with no success. If i missed a thread on a leak at this specific spot please let me know.

Any ideas?
Headliner leak.jpg

Thanks for checking that out and the diagram. However, it only leaks when it's raining. I appreciate your help though, this leak is driving me crazy!

When the cars parked in my slanted driveway and the nose is up higher than the rear is when it's worse.

Last edited:
I like the soap and pressure test, fresh air intake/high fan, spray soapy water and look for the bubbles.

Sunroof. Check and clear the drains. Also check the rubber/ plastic seal that is the perimeter of the glass. If it's dry rotted and cracked, that's likely your culprit.

Thanks @camino70 and @taco47001

I initially found the 3rd brake light leak with the soap and pressure test, i need to redo it again. If its the plastic seal around the perimeter glass I would have to replace the entire unit or its a pain in the ass to set the new seal, from what ive read. May just stick with the black tape for now since no one can see up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom