Warn Zeon 10s Clutch Broken? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was winching my LX out of hole today and the clutch (or a gear) gave out while I was winching. I heard a pop and the truck starting rolling back into the hole. Now the winch will only free spool and will not engage. The clutch does nothing. Any ideas what may be broken? It will be a few days before I can pull the winch out of the bumper and disassemble. I've never had to diagnose a winch - is there anything that I should be look for or anticipate? Thanks!

Contact @Warn Industries customer service before you do any disassembly. They're active on this forum and might be able to assist you.

Thx. Sent them a PM.

As an update - I removed the winch today, took off the end cap with the clutch and checked it out. I did not see any broken gears or teeth. I did remove the clutch lever as well. I then reinstalled it (no changes) and it is now working. It does appear that the previous owner, or someone else, has been into the winch. 2 of the screws were stripped. So, I'm not sure what is going on, but when I put everything back together, the winch was working again. I have not reinstalled it yet. I think I want to get it checked out before I use it again. Any recommendations or thoughts?

As an update - I removed the winch today, took off the end cap with the clutch and checked it out. I did not see any broken gears or teeth. I did remove the clutch lever as well. I then reinstalled it (no changes) and it is now working. It does appear that the previous owner, or someone else, has been into the winch. 2 of the screws were stripped. So, I'm not sure what is going on, but when I put everything back together, the winch was working again. I have not reinstalled it yet. I think I want to get it checked out before I use it again. Any recommendations or thoughts?
What was at fault with this in the end? I am experiencing exactly the same problem and can’t seem to see what is the problem. To make I worse I have to remove my bar to get he winch out

I dropped the winch off at a certified Warn repair shop. It had some stripped gears. They fixed it under the lifetime warranty. Works great now!

I dropped the winch off at a certified Warn repair shop. It had some stripped gears. They fixed it under the lifetime warranty. Works great now!
Do you remember what gears they said were stripped? Just strange that it worked after you pulled it down

I don't. I think it ended up failing again after I worked on it. When I found out that it was still covered under warranty, I sent it off.

And sorry for the slow reply .. hadn't been on here much lately. My son commandeered the LX when he came home from college for the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom