Warn XD9000i (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you guys think of the warn XD9000i ? I found one one for $750 with synthetic roap, snach block and fairlead.

New? used? pic?

used on CL Here is a picture, ( I think)

That did not work. I will try again.

Hi All:

The Warn 9000 is an O.K. electric winch. The M8274 is a lot better, but is also mucho more dinero! :D

$750.00 for a used electric winch seems like too much when one can purchase a new winch for US$600.00:

Superwinch 9032 - Superwinch EP 9.0 Winch - Quadratec

Just my US$00.02.

Regards,

Alan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of the warn XD9000i ? I found one one for $750 with synthetic roap, snach block and fairlead.

I would like a 8274, I just found this one on CL so thought I would look into it, I have a pto now but need to do power steering, I know ther are other options that will work with pto but it will be easier to come by a saginaw box rather that a scout or 60 box where I live. And pto has some drawbacks also.

What kind of shape is the synthetic line in? Is it 3/8" synthetic line?

Synthetic line ages and wears over time. As my 5/16" line has aged I have snapped it with my XD9000i (originally bought 5/16 for 8k winch).

If the winch was mounted horizontally (like in an ARB bumper), the motors can have a tendency to get moisture in them and not drain, and this leads to grounding problems within the motor case. (this is the case with mine)

My 9000i has worked well in every regard except for the above problem with corrosion inside the motor case. It already had this problem when i got it (for free!). It is much faster than my friends mile marker, but not as fast as an 8274.

IMO, I would prefer to have an 8274, but I wouldn't be suprised if a good condition XD9000i w/ newer synth. line would pull 6-700 on the market. Got to take into account how much the synth line costs new and snatch blocks aren't that cheap either.

Thanks for the replies, I think I am going to pass on this winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom