Warn M8000...What is the $100 difference? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
4wheelparts has their Warn winches on sale...What is the difference between hawse and roller fairleads? Roller fairlead plus an extra 20' of rope is $100 cheaper. Either way this sounds like a good deal...I would be mounting it on my ARB bumper...See the attached link...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PPT5403T5141.aspx

Thanks in advance,
ML

Less cable and no roller fairlead to sell is why the 80' cable and hawse fairlead model SHOULD be cheaper. I have one of those winches, got it for $399 a few years ago. Some have the opinion that the roller fairlead is easiest on the winch cable when not pulling straight. The extra 20' of cable is a no brainer. Go with the cheap one if that is what you are looking for. Who knows what they have up their sleeve.

The hawse fairleads aren't usually used with wire rope unless it is a cast iron fairlead. That fairlead looks like that hard plastic material (name escapes me right now). The roller fairleads are generally used with wire rope over any other fairlead. I would get the cheaper one since it has the extra 20' of rope and the roller fairlead will hold up better after a lot of use.

WinchDepot is showing the 100' cable for $25 more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom