Warn hub question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any Warn hub experts out there?

I got these beautifully restored hubs from @bmoonhajjar to go on my rig. Thanks to him he does great work!

My rig is a 71, but with a 78 front axle.

The body of the hub on the originals is 70.5 mm, but the new ones are only about 66.5 mm. The new ones also have an inner ring and gasket that extends beyond the flange where the studs go through, so it doesn't fit flush like the old ones did.

Which ones do I have? Will the new ones fit? How do I make sure they will work without destroying my newly rebuilt front end?

The previous owner added spacers similar to these Wheel Spacer Pair - 1.25" - https://cruisercorps.com/products/wheel-spacer-pair-1-25?variant=12736797245506&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjww-CGBhALEiwAQzWxOhmXXU_fMy3IKbfqTqXakl283GRAVhbK72w1Tr729_L7u8k1EWsbrRoC26MQAvD_BwE

I am thinking the shorter body might work since the spacers take up some of the extra length of the axle. Any thoughts?

hubs.jpg

hubs2.jpg

If by original you're referencing the '71 axle with drum brakes had course spline axles and used a taller hub. Your '78 axle probably is disc brake and fine spline axles. So the your refurbished hubs should be fine spline and be the proper length for your '78 axle.

If by original you're referencing the '71 axle with drum brakes had course spline axles and used a taller hub. Your '78 axle probably is disc brake and fine spline axles. So the your refurbished hubs should be fine spline and be the proper length for your '78 axle.
By original, I mean the ones that came with the 78 axle. They are both fine splines, but I am under the impression that there are multiple sizes for the fine spline warn hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom