Warn 9000 problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Warn XT9000 on my 40. It free spools fine, it power unwinds fine, but when I try to power in I just get a clicking sound (similar to what you here when you have a weak battery on an engine start or a weak ground. I'm using the remote attachment. I've taken the ground terminal off the winch and cleaned that connection. I am assuming that if the system is working on the unwind then the power requirements should be there for the wind up.

What other suggestions do you have for me to try before I have to get a professional involved?

I believe the spool in and spool out relays are separate. My XD9000i has 4 relays, 2 for in and 2 for out. Sounds like you have a bad relay. I bought a set of 4 replacement relays (Warn brand) on Amazon for a reasonable price.

I know nothing about the Warn 9 as I have an Warn 8274, but if yours have solenoids, that's prob your issue. If so, easy $25 repair, no need to take it to a shop.

I believe the spool in and spool out relays are separate. My XD9000i has 4 relays, 2 for in and 2 for out. Sounds like you have a bad relay. I bought a set of 4 replacement relays (Warn brand) on Amazon for a reasonable price.
Any chance you have a link (just want to make sure I get the right ones)

I just checked Amazon and you may need to know the SN or production date to get the correct solenoids. Thinking about it, they may have come from eBay. There are lots of vendors selling solenoids but I went with Warn brand (which I could see in the pics) to be sure of the quality.

Any chance you have a link (just want to make sure I get the right ones)
They are pretty generic. I called Warn, they gave me the part # & with that # I picked up the needed solenoids @ my local Napa.

Job done, all working well now. I did have to grind the flange edges of the solenoids to get them to fit. They were made a little larger than the original.

I was wondering (looking at the cable as I spooled it on and off), does anyone lube the cable? It’s not rusting of course but it is pretty grundgy.

No need to lube the cable.

I've got one cable that's been on almost 20 years and another that's been on 10+ years and no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom