Warn 8274 drain plug install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a quick note to add to the base of knowledge. I installed a drain plug in my 8274 today but rather than weld on a bung I simply drilled and tapped the case as others have before me (and used a 1/4” brass pipe bung.) So nothing new there but what I did do is measure the depth from the bottom of the casing to the tooth of the gear inside and found it to be near enough to 0.75” so if anyone is trying to figure out the clearance before they drill and now you know approximately how long the bung can be. (mine is approximately 0.5”) It should be noted that this could vary as the 8074 that I have sitting beside it seems to have a different casting. Much to my embarrassment, I neglected to account for the wall thickness when choosing the location so it is offset so I have attached a couple of photos should anyone be trying to centre the bung in the future. It needs to offset more to the curved edge. Casting thickness seemed more than adequate for tapping in such a low pressure application.

9FD80D19-420D-4360-A41C-4DF58E6E9200.jpeg

9A36A12E-A157-4E3B-B5DA-F1C540A72F79.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom