Warn 6 Spline Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone decided to change axles to accept a more redily availabe hub setup from the 6 spline? 1970 FJ40

Are you asking if you should change out your axle to a later 9/75+ version that has fine splines and disc brakes?

Are you asking if you should change out your axle to a later 9/75+ version that has fine splines and disc brakes?
Yes and I apologize if this has been covered but didn’t find what I was looking for. I’m thinking that an axle change and warn parts that are easier to obtain might be helpful when I have to work on them. Today I pulled everything apart and alas replacement parts are not really available. Disk brakes would certainly be a welcome addition as well.

No problem. There's a dizzying amount of threads and info on the axle differences, available parts, upgrades etc. There are some current threads on page one of this forum but the best place to start is the posts in the FAQ like this one

There are some good videos on youtube for both axle swaps or aftermarket disc brakes. Search for "disc brake upgrade" in the search button in the top right of the website and you'll have reading material for days.

Full rebuild kits are available at Cruiser Outfitters and others. You can find replacement coarse spline Warn (and all other brands) locking hubs in the classifieds forum.

No problem. There's a dizzying amount of threads and info on the axle differences, available parts, upgrades etc. There are some current threads on page one of this forum but the best place to start is the posts in the FAQ like this one

There are some good videos on youtube for both axle swaps or aftermarket disc brakes. Search for "disc brake upgrade" in the search button in the top right of the website and you'll have reading material for days.

Full rebuild kits are available at Cruiser Outfitters and others. You can find replacement coarse spline Warn (and all other brands) locking hubs in the classifieds forum.
Thanks I appreciate your time and your help

Typically the upgrade includes a disc brake upgrade. The best disc brake set up for your 40, is to use the stk fj40 or fj60 parts. Or a complete 40 frt end w/disc brakes. As mentioned earlier go to FAQ's at the top of this section and scroll down to frt ends. Check out knuckles differences, hub differences, and the other threads, etcs. Also at the top of faqs the in tech links.

Thanks for the help. Fairly new to the fj world. I bought a 69 that was heavily modified and built onto it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom