"Warm white" interior LEDs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone been able to source "warm white" interior LEDs for the 100 series?
I haven't found a good option, short of piecing together my own based on the bulb sizes.

I tried out two "cool white" LED kits and returned them, in my opinion that color temp ruined the vintage aesthetic of this vehicle and seems to cast harsher shadows.

And yes, I know this is super specific and weird.

Last edited:
Got mine from Super Bright LEDs, if you didn’t know you’d think they were incandescent.

Mind sharing some photos? Which color temp did you go with?

What you describe is exactly what I am looking for in terms of color but hoping for a bit more output.

I know this is super specific and weird.

Not weird. I’ve hoped to find this for ages. Admittedly, I haven’t done any actual searching outside of ‘Mud, but I’ve had my eye out for posts showing good ones and I’ve never seen any. I love the concept of LED bulbs but I’m holding out until I see some that don’t make it look like an operating room inside. I was told recently to search for 2700k bulbs but I’m skeptical and reluctant to be the guinea pig.

I just looked, SuperbrightLEDs has 3100k interior bulbs. Might work?

Also has 4000k and 6000k bulbs but I’m not sure why you’d cheese either.

Edit: choose. not cheese.

Last edited:
And yes, I know this is super specific and weird.
Not weird at all, a human being knows what is pleasing to the eye in different circumstances. At night when your body wants to relax you definitely prefer warm white. Daylight or task lighting when you’re awake and attentive tends to be cooler.

“White” LEDs are simply blue LEDs with a chemical powder on them (phosphor) which converts some of the blue light to other wavelengths to make it appear white. Warm white LEDs are slightly less efficient (less bright) due to the fact there’s simply more conversion happening in the phosphor to make the yellow, orange, and red frequencies. So cool white products spec as brighter and sometimes people buy based on that and suffer through the harsh look.

Every time I see a house lit up at night with cool LED bulbs I want to swap them out. Slowly people are catching on.
B7A36E3A-EDD5-41CC-870D-43EC86D82344.jpeg

Anyone found a way to replace these bulbs with LEDs?!? I’ve changed everything else on the dash and radio with white LEDs (I like the look as it matches the dash now and they dim nicely. There are 4 for the dash buttons and three for the switches on the ac vent side panel.
657AE40C-B4E0-4C92-BF13-F4C56344C311.jpeg
789C267A-0805-4672-B90E-F0CBB2BCCE3C.jpeg

Here’s some white LED in the center console area. The dash cluster is OEM (most likely halogen bulbs). I didn’t pull the dash as everything lights up fine.

590EAC1B-C2E7-4AC5-80E1-A3BCCC8A9884.jpeg
C016960A-7C23-4BAA-A963-F18DE1A0EC6C.jpeg

Mind sharing some photos? Which color temp did you go with?

What you describe is exactly what I am looking for in terms of color but hoping for a bit more output.

Here you go, sorry for the delay I wanted to wait until it was at least semi-dark out. I really can’t imagine wanting brighter lights in there. They are 3000K bulbs.

DC244863-658D-4A8E-93F1-4514C17068A9.jpeg
92501ED8-E347-4FD1-A50E-8A46670D2B51.jpeg
39586F7D-BE5C-431C-9E1D-8E8B961C7FB2.jpeg
3D08F2D9-4E0F-4EC4-BEA9-31BA5766829D.jpeg

Does anyone know how many light bulbs are required and there sizes for the interior dome, door and other interior lights? I like the warm LEDs too.

Does anyone know how many light bulbs are required and there sizes for the interior dome, door and other interior lights? I like the warm LEDs too.

I used 4x type 194 for the doors, 2x type 194 for the front map lights, and 4x type 3022 for the second and third row overhead lights. The license plate lights also take type 194, as do the front corner lights on LXs.

Last edited:
these panels are what i use for the interior domes

they are a warm light and very bright.

i left map lights as halogen

Last edited:
I used 4x type 194 for the doors, 2x type 194 for the front map lights, and 4x type 3022 for the second and third row overhead lights. The license plate lights also take type 194, as do the front corner lights on LXs.
I did the same thing for my LC. I choose LED's from Super Bright LED that were around 3000k and couldn't be happier. Although, I did leave the halogen map lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom