Wanted: M-101 CD 2 Lunette... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skillet

Skillet
Threads
This is posted in the classifieds as well, but thought it my get a bit better exposure here.

Looking for a lunette for my CDN M-101 2. I know a lot of folks out there have changed out the hitch setup on these, so I am hoping to pick one up in decent shape.

Thanks...

Good luck with your search. I would recommend trying to find a 416 version locally for a test fit. Rumors that they fit but I can't confirm. Otherwise expand your search area to north america. Best bet is find one that someone converted.

You could join the yahoo m101 cdn group. Most of my parts have come from that group.

I made an inquiry to a defense parts contractor about purchasing new about a month ago after a similar discussion. Never heard back from them. I presume since I was a private individual and only wanted one instead of a pallet or them, they weren't interested. They did list the correct part number, which I don't have in front of me but which was derived from the materials on the Yahoo group's website. Searches of mil surplus resalers turned up nothing. I don't know if a M-416 or other would fit, but it's possible.

In any case, not selling the one I have. Should be all I ever need. One would think there would be a few floating around, though.

Jeff,
Thanks for the link. Did a bit more thinking and found where I noted I made the inquiry, along with relevant part#s.

That missing lunette can be a PITA if you need one. However, I was under the impression it's a fairly stock part. The Part # is listed as 9190146-1, but there is a matching NSN (or whatever the US or NATO nomenclature is)
2540-21-908-4857
: https://www.nsncenter.co.uk/NSN/2540-21-908-4857

Not sure the cost, but you can get a quotation on that at that link or the next if all else fails: http://www.iso-parts.com/Public/Search_NSN_Details.aspx?NSN=2540-21-908-4857

I requested a quote from the last outfit and will advise if I get a price.

I never received a reply to my inquiry. You might try yourself. They might start realizing they could sell some that are probably just sitting somewhere otherwise unwanted. Note that shipment outside the country where the part is located can be problematic, since these are technically military parts. That may be why they didn't respond, as I sure don't have a .mil email address.:rolleyes:

This is probably out of the question but I almost did it. Buy two trailers and swap all the best parts to one of them and sell the other. You will be able to retrofit the second with a regular ball hitch and someone will buy it. They can then use a max coupler or whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom